Beautiful, Almost Perfect Soap

Posted by shopzilla on Jan 21, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I love so many things about this soap. The size, the price, the colour, scent, creamy moisturising lather, and the quality of the ingredients which include *sustainable* palm oil. Even the lovely packaging. I did not know what a fig scented soap might smell like, but I was so intrigued by the idea that I bought it. No regrets as the scent is gorgeous! Definitely not like figs, but a mix of herby, woody, powdery with just a tiny hint of sweet florals and has a charming, vintagey vibe. It's neither feminine nor masculine and would probably appeal to both men and women. My husband, who is soooo picky about how his personal products smell, gave this his approval. I will definitely buy this again, and in bulk, if it's on offer. I took away one star because it has a mix of natural and synthetic fragrances. I was hoping for a completely natural product. South of France, if you're reading this, please make this soap PERFECT by removing the synthetic fragrance. If you find this review helpful, please click on the "Yes" button. Thanks!

Very nice

Posted by 5097897281674054434 on Mar 30, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This bar is bigger than expected. Lathers nicely, smells wonderfully sweet and soft. Does give that squeeky clean feeling, but does not dry skin.

My favourite soap

Posted by matillyrose on Jul 21, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Silky soft soap which lathers well and cleanses your skin without drying it out. South of France soaps are amongst my favourites. I don't know what Mediterranean Fig smells like but this soap does not smell like my fig trees so I don't know if this is a true fig scent but it is very mild and pleasant. Love these soaps, they last a long time.

Smells Great

Posted by Reviewer1014095 on Apr 30, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I wasn't sure how this would smell, but I like the scent a lot. A little sweet, not too strong.

Great smell and suds

Posted by 4808477282582466828 on Feb 27, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I love this bar, the color, the smell and the quality suds it produces. I will buy again!

Great smell, great foaming...

Posted by Al-Pacino on Jan 31, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have tried many many soap bars from practically the entire colleciton iherb carries. South of France are one of my favorite. They probably would be my absolute favorite if it weren't for the fact that they reduced the size of their bars while upping the price, making their price/quantity not as attractive as it used to be. This specific type has the greatest smell. very special and lightly lingering for a few hours after the shower. As all products from South Of France, it foams really well with minimal efforts. Love it!

Still like it very much!

Posted by ManxKat on Apr 12, 2017 | Verified Purchase

What a lovely lingering scent! Mmmmm, good!

Nice soap

Posted by 5652411709910686690 on Apr 29, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Decently sized, fig with woodsy undertones that linger on skin. Not drying during warmer months, would not use in Winter.

good

Posted by vibirca on Mar 05, 2015 | Verified Purchase

but not best.. I expected more from this soap.. though it cleanse well and goes a long way but the scent just was not what I expected to be... it's too simple for me... it's just a very weak and mild scent... but anyway I want to try a few more scents :)

good soap, disappointing scent

Posted by jasminem on Nov 06, 2014 | Verified Purchase

i have to say i had high expectations of this soap. it smells best when you first take it out of the box, but the scent quickly fades off as you use the soap. to be fair, though, the soap itself is good -- moisturising and lathers well. i just wish the scent lived up to expectation.

1 2