Delicious authentic French food...but the GMO corn!

Posted by PurplePegasus on May 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is absolutely truly delicious and tastes like authentic French food, it reminds me quite a bit of Salade Niçoise with the exquisite flavor of the oils and green beans with potatoes; this is something I have never tasted here in the States, and even the tuna is very different from American: I added a bit of a can of tuna and what a mistake, the flavors do not compare! The French tuna is excellent, very meaty and without a canned fishy taste. I am giving this 5 stars (for taste) but with reservations: the sweetcorn is GMO! If you don't know what GMOs are I urge you to watch the Vimeo by Jeffrey M Smith. And so I've been meticulously fishing out all the corn and this is a huge bother as there is a lot of corn, which is unnatural of classic French cuisine: unless it has sadly been introduced there in the last decades by Monsanto, French people simply do not eat corn has it has long been considered nothing but fattening pig feed in France and with good reasons! Luckily I've never cared for the taste, even before the 90's when it was turned GMO. My other gripe is that St. Dalfour touts itself as a healthy line but none of its foods are organic! And because I have MCS and organic foods are a must for my condition, I'm really torn here. I will probably purchase again as the taste is quite addictive, but will try to make this a rare occasional treat; also the pasta is white flour! Probably the least healthy thing on my diet but there is very little pasta.

New try

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I do not like the taste of this, and after eating one can I was sick for a few hours until my body got rid of it.

Great Last-Minute Lunch

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 07, 2017 | Verified Purchase

If you're the type who gobbles down food in 15 seconds flat, you probably won't like this. For people who eat slowly and savor their food, this dish is tasty and surprisingly filling. It's not meant to be a hot meal, but for a quick lunch it's hard to beat.

Good emergency food | Possible GMO Alert: corn, xantham and guar gums

Posted by Non-GMO on Jun 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I myself am gluten free, but I have bought these for my spouse and other family members. All like it! The tuna is wild caught and dolphin safe. Extra virgin olive oil. Mostly excellent ingredients; however, not organic. Sweet corn grown in France is not GMO. They have only approved GMO corn for animal feed; however, it is possible that they import the sweet corn. I have contacted St Dalfour to inquire about GMOs and BPA. When I hear back, I will update this review.

Strange taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Weird taste. Won't buy again.

A perfect no-fuss lunch.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 23, 2017 | Verified Purchase

It is really handy and tasty. What more do you want ?

great snack

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 24, 2017 | Verified Purchase

taste goo too!

Very convenient

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 26, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Good to have in the pantry when you're hungry right now and don't want to cook. Also tasty, my daughter loves this.

good

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 29, 2017 | Verified Purchase

quite.good

Quick & Easy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 05, 2017 | Verified Purchase

These are great food on the go . My daughter loves them.

1 2 3