Help

cinnamon and using it for weight loss,

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 18, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Glorious aroma on opening the bag, and me being clumsy, I didnt mind the powder spill at all as I poured into a manageable container. The only thing is, this cinnamon turns into a slimey snot like goo at the bottom of the jug when I make tea with it, and that puts me off drinking it, so I just got some true cinnamon sticks to use instead. This is Cinnamomum burmannii from the cassia tree and is not the true cinnamon which is also called Ceylon cinnamon. Cassia cinnamon has an average 5% coumarin content which acts to thin blood so you must not use large amounts, but True or Ceylon cinnamon (not seen on iherb), does not contain coumarin and you can take as much as you wish. True cinnamon is paler and sweeter and much more expensive, but I like this one just fine for my needs. For weight loss tea, you take half a teaspoon cinnamon (Ceylon or true type), dissolved in 1 cup water, NOT boiling or you kill the honey goodness and flavours etc, 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice and 1-2 tsp honey to taste. Cool. You take half in the morning and half in evening, on an empty stomach. I only need a scant teaspoon honey personally, Cinnamon burns body fat and stops you feeling hungry all the time. I have read of people taking big doses and suffering dizzy spells, which I reckon is because cinnamon reduces blood sugar, which is how it will stop hunger, so just be sensible about it. Ive been fine and Im prone to dizzy spells from my health issues. If this has helped any please give a rating. Thanks

This is the cinnamon that works

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 27, 2010 | Verified Purchase

True, it is not what is called true cinnamon--but it is the Cinnamon that is used in studies about its efficiency for blood sugar control and lowering cholesterol etc. If you choose to use it for health issues, not just for flavor--this is the one to go for! SME California

Starwest Botanicals Cinnamon powder organic from Indonesia

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 07, 2013 | Verified Purchase

my mother, a chef who has many decades of experience in cooking, visited us and made a dish using this cinnamon. she was very unhappy. she showed me how this cinnamon make rice slimy and it's not good taste-wise.

Sweet, fragrant and delicious

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Some of the nicest cinnamon powder I've ever tasted. Obviously other people think so too as it's often sold out!

good buy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I use a lot of cinnamon so it makes sense to buy it this way and refill my bottle as needed. This has good flavor and its organic. Love it in my oatmeal in the morning with a scoop of maca powder, a couple chopped dates, flax oil and hemp milk. Yum!

like it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

my momk takes lots of cinamon for she's got a diabtetes. she said that this one has a very good taste

Real cinnamon?

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 22, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Turns slimy when hot water is added. Very disappointed.

The colour and the aromoa WOW!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 19, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I love cinnamon, don't we all? It is great for our blood and so I add it to smoothies so I get it raw regularly. Of course it is nice with poached apples etc but seriously, without any exaggeration, when I opened the packet for the first time, I was blown away by the aroma and deep colour. This is very good quality and the price is great for organic. I can only give 5 stars - nothing less. Yes I will order again because the taste is also AWESOME!

Great Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Love this cinnamon... ditch the grocery store kind!

great deal

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 10, 2011 | Verified Purchase

We use in smoothies almost everyday, and put on our dogs dry food, they love it. Very fresh and good price.