'filler' seeds, not just fennel

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 14, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is my first and only review and I feel compelled to save others the trouble of buying a product that is clearly more than just fennel seeds. There seem to be some other dried flowers/herbs/potpourri thing going on. It's fine if you are soaking in hot water to make a fennel tea but these are not the tasty after dinner minty seeds which can be eaten raw. Not what one thinks of when they think of fennel seeds. The first and only out of a hundred iherb products which I am disappointed by and thus my effort to write the review.

Wonderful Stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Fennel is very powerful in a parasite cleanse. Drinking it as a tea will make the parasites drunk and cause them to let go of the intestinal wall. Then follow with about a 1-2 Table Spoons of diatomaceous earth in a 16 oz. glass of water at bed time. This will clean them out. Starwest Botanicals is a good company and this Fennel Seed in whole form keeps it fresh. Just grind it in a coffee mill and brew as a tea. Best thing it's organic to. I give it a five star.

Great For Digestion

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I'm Italian. After big meals we always ate a Fennel Bulb to help with digestion. Italians even make cookies with this seed in it. In India, every restaurant serves either this plain fennel seed (about 1 teaspoon) to chew on, or a sugar coated variety. I love the flavor - and it freshens the breath also. But most of all, it helps eradicate indigestion. No meds, just a food item, a seed, for a natural remedy.

very good quality

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 14, 2014 | Verified Purchase

for tea it's great but if you want to combine it in food (like cookies) you'll have to sift it carefully from little plant parts.

Absolutely uneatable

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 01, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This was my first purchase of Starwest Bontanicals Fennel Seeds. No way can they be chewed or used in cooking. They are dry/hard/rotten smelling/ unappetising and filled with some sort of debris. The good reviews must have received something I didn't. I am so disappointed in this purchase and will not buy again.

great to chew on for optimal digestion

Posted by emanuela on Feb 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I loved my first bag of Starwest Botanicals. It tasted a bit like licorice and helped with digestion. However, the last batch tastes like dry/rotten fennel-shaped and unappetising vegetable seeds. I hope this is just an off batch.

Not for everyone

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 11, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have used fennel seeds for a decade for digestive purposes. I found this brnd on sale here so decided to try . But I regret it because they are real pungent so I can't consume it. I will try making tea otherwise for me it was a waste of money.

Can't do without it.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Nice, fresh and fragrant product.

Great for tea

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I use it for tea to increase my milk supply and for upset stomachs for my family. It works wonderfully.

good value and price