Great Value

Posted by HayesNg on Oct 06, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Great value though the flavor is lighter than what I expected, it lack the slight bitterness from normal green tea. But consider the price, I would say fair buy. If you looking for some stronger green tea like me, you can try the "Starwest Botanicals, Organic Chunmee Green" also from iherb. Just an extra 2 bucks, taste a bit better.

Not what I expected

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have been drinking gunpowder tea for a while and thought that buying organic would be a smart thing to do. Except this doesn't taste the same as what I have been drinking. I know there are many different green teas but I didn't know that the gunpowder green tea also can differ from brand to brand. This has a smokey taste which I don't like. Also the colour is not the same; as someone else has already mentioned it is yellow/brown and not as green as what I was used to. It's still quite drinkable. I'll finish this package but won't order this again.

so so green tea

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

it is not green ,but brown when brewed. the sencha green tea i herb sells is much much better. this tea is "grocery store quality"..not the usual Iherb stuff. it is low cost tho

Posted by pickier-than-thou on Apr 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Nice flavor!

Great value

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

At least 200 cups of green tea depending on how you do it is a superb value for at $12.35. The quality is quite exceptional.

Ok for everyday drinking

Posted by SavoringLife on Apr 28, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Looking at the price, it is an alright tea for everyday drinking. Nothing uber fantastic though

Taste terrible

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This tea is not true gunpowder. It's loose leaf, as opposed to the tightly wound ball of true gunpowder green. Also, has no flavor and leaves a nasty aftertaste in my mouth. Will not purchase again.

I love this tea

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 07, 2017 | Verified Purchase

If you like a tea with a robust flavor this is it.

Suberb Product !

Posted by mammdonnan on Dec 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Love this brand and I´m a green tea junkie :-) so this is worth your money and more :-)

What happened? What is going on with this tea?

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

> It has a lovely taste, is mild and does not get bitter. I gave it a 5 star review back in the day. No more. Correction (2017): I have no idea what they did to this tea, but for the last two seasons, it makes me feel awful. It consistently gives me a sinus infection. Consistently, it has been two years. By now I am positive that it' s the tea, I ruled out every other variable. It does not have the same effect on my spouse, though, so your mileage may vary. On the other hand, my spouse barely drinks it. He hates it, so whatever. Something is wrong with this tea. It didn't use to be the case about four years ago. Apparently, something has changed about how it's made. China is notorious for shortcuts and dirty tricks in food production; without stringent oversight by Starwest Botanicals, all bets are off what's going on in there. Someone should look into it. It is not the same tea at all.

1 2 3 4