Great product

Posted by jannea on Jun 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Perfect for making teas by itsef or with other herbs as a sweetener. I use licorice root as an adrenal support and it has worked well in normalizing a low blood pressure.

need product from this brand ;-)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

good but i would prefer it in powder

Great taste and price, for sweetness and raising blood pressure

Posted by djsoma on Aug 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I usually use this to sweeten up my soothing herbal teas, combining it with Lemon Balm, Chamomile, Scullcap, Passion Flower according to my mood. It's also useful to combine with healing rainforest tree barks from Raintree if they happen to lower blood pressure and you're already having it too low. My partner can't take those without something that would raise it and balance the overall effect, and licorice is just perfect for the job.

great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I like this in combination with other teas, it is very helpful with dry mouth/throat and my hypotension. I am hoping Starwest Botanical's products are non-irradiated, but I cannot find this info on their products.

Weak

Posted by Romlenz on Apr 30, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I guess there are many different kind of Licorice roots, and this one is really weak and pale in taste. The one I buy at my local shop is twenty times better.

Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 05, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I like it.

Overall OK

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I might have gotten a somewhat old bag, not too fresh and potent taste. But I will still recommend it. It originates in Egypt.

Makes excellent tea

Posted by tigercho on Feb 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Good price and makes very good tea. Make sure you put enough root and steep long enough to feel the sweetness, which indicates there is enough glycyrrhizin to produce therapeutic effects. Wonderful for gastritis and low BP/ weak adrenals.

Not great for tea

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 27, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The pieces are a bit large for making tea, and the taste could be stronger. Grind to smaller pieces, or by a smaller grind.

root plus a whole bunch of dirt

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 10, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I was very disappointed with this product. Extremely mad when i found a giant chunk of dirt and many little ones through out .I bought this to make an ointment I guess i was lucky not to have been making it into a tea.Not that I would though .way too many side effects that are not worth the risk .

1 2 3