Pros and Cons

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 30, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am middle aged, have lots of fine, dry hair which I dye a neutral blonde (to hide the grays. Shhh!) PRO's: This conditioner did not irritate my eyes because it was unscented. Hurrah! This is what I was looking for when I went in search of an organic, unscented conditioner. CON's: Either the shampoo or conditioner (or both) turned my hair yellow which made my complexion look sallow. (Though I really think it was due to the shampoo more than the conditioner.) Also, it was a bit drying. When I first used it, I got some dry bumps on my scalp which eventually went away. OVERALL: It provides immediate relief from eye allergies I get from other conditioners but is too drying and color-changing to use long-term.

not good for dry hair

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

it may be ok for oily hair. like that it's truly unscented. detangles ok not so much conditions.

Stony Brook Botanicals Conditioner

Posted by Sprinkles on May 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is a superb product. The ingredient list is extremely healthy-looking as conditioner products go. I have curly hair and do not use the product on my own hair since the conditioner has dimethicone in it, which is a silicone. The reason is because I use very mild shampoo only 2-3 times a week and all the other days just do a conditioner wash for moisturizing, and silicones coat the hair and can be very hard to remove without harsher shampoos, so I don't want the dimethicone to be able to build up on my hair. Instead, we use this conditioner on our dog for his weekly baths, and it works stupendously! I had been searching for a really good fragrance-free conditioner for him. It is totally unscented, which is the healthiest way to go (fragrance ingredients are health-damaging), and it does a wonderful job of making his hair feel soft, detangled and moisturized. I would definitely use it on my own hair also if it weren't for the inclusion of dimethicone.

WOW!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have very fine hair and have tried SO many conditioners. Most just make it just more limp than it is. This and the shampoo is the BEST I have ever tried!!! No residue left on hair to weigh it down. I LOVE it and cannot say enough about it.

Best conditioner ever

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 14, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My thin hair curls into ringlets with this conditioner whereas with every other conditioner I can remember using, my hair is flat and limp. I used it first when on a meditation retreat at which some people were sensitive to fragrances. I liked it so much I searched for it online.

GREAT PRODUCT

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 01, 2017 | Verified Purchase

GREAT PRODUCT!

very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 12, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I am very happy with this conditioner. Add to to my favorites.

Great if you are on the HCG Protocol!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Fantastic OIL FREE FORMULA on HCG... I even take it to the hairdresser and my hairdresser loves using it... I will add I have curly to afro hair and it works like a dream! and a really pure formula

great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

this conditioner doesn't have a fragrance but it softens hair well and its a good price for organic conditioner

Unexpected Pleasure

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this product along with the shampoo and lotion. All products leave my hair and skin so soft without any film. I needed orgainc herbal, no oil product that wouldn't dry my skin or hair and the Stony Brook products hits the mark.

1 2