I'm on the fence.

Posted by RacerWife7 on Sep 30, 2010 | Verified Purchase

While I liked that this seemed to work well and made my curly hair curlier, it made my face break out anywhere my hair touched it. :( I stopped using it and 2 days later, my skin cleared up. Won't buy it again.

Too drying

Posted by Reviewer1139510 on Oct 22, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I did not like this shampoo as I thought it was too drying. It also has a somewhat odd smell, not like a fragrance, but kind of like plastic.

Review of Stony Brook Botanicals, Unscented Organic Herbal Shampoo

Posted by Reviewer3171120 on Nov 11, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I am sensitive to fragrances and I have used this shampoo for years. I also use their unscented conditioner. I plan to ALWAYS use this product as long as I can obtain it.

great

Posted by Reviewer2685557 on Aug 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

this shampoo doesn't have a fragrance but it bubbles up great and always leaves my hair feeling clean. good price for organic shampoo.

Love the lack of scent

Posted by Reviewer1018789 on Apr 13, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It's just what it says it is--unscented shampoo. Works great.

Excellent product!

Posted by Reviewer1562741 on Jun 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this shampoo for years, I love it. It makes my semi-permanent dyed hair shiny, bouncy and healthy. It works great for long hair. I never need to comb or brush, my hair does not tangle whatsoever. I tend towards oily hair and scalp, and this works great to keep my hair and scalp clean and fresh. And I love that it is unscented and the ingredients are high quality and natural. Also, another huge plus is that my hair seems to grow faster when I use this shampoo compared to others!

Love it!!

Posted by Reviewer1533600 on Jun 02, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Truly unscented and leaves hair clean without being stripped.

very thin

Posted by Reviewer3359533 on Dec 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

maybe I just like an oil based shampoo. makes for squeaky clean hair which is pretty drying. when I first used it, it was so thin I thought perhaps I got water in it. truly unscented which is nice. I prefer a heavier, thicker shampoo - still looking.

Unexpected Pleasure

Posted by Reviewer3027174 on May 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this product along with the shampoo and lotion. All products leave my hair and skin so soft without any film. I needed orgainc herbal, no oil product that wouldn't dry my skin or hair and the Stony Brook products hits the mark.

Pros and Cons

Posted by Reviewer1612473 on Aug 30, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am middle aged, have lots of fine, dry hair which I dye a neutral blonde (to hide the grays. Shhh!) PRO's: This shampoo did not irritate my eyes because it was unscented. Hurrah! This is what I was looking for when I went in search of an organic, unscented shampoo. CON's: Either the shampoo or conditioner (or both) turned my hair yellow which made my complexion look sallow. Also, it was a bit drying. When I first used it, I got some dry bumps on my scalp which eventually went away. OVERALL: It provides immediate relief from eye allergies I get from other shampoos but is too drying and color-changing to use long-term.

1 2 3