Dislike Taste, Not Certified Organic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Stupid me, didn't carefully research this before buying. This product is Organic Compliant, not Certified Organic and apparently refers to the enzymes used to extract the protein which is organic, not the brown rice. The product advertises winning the Editor's Choice award. That was from naturalnews dot com, and 2 years ago. Since then, editor Mike Adams seems less enthusiastic and is touting the Boku Super Protein which is Certified Organic and further tested for heavy metals, pesticides, E-coli and other contaminants, but is sweetened with maple syrup (bit of a drawback) instead of stevia (depends on how much is too much). Wish I'd seen the article before ordering this. This product makes no such claims so its a matter of how picky you are about organics and contaminant testing. The taste of this product was a big disappointment. The stevia is very strong and sickly sweet. The fermented flavor stinks (some call it malty, its worse, I normally like malty, this is slightly rank) and the consistency is chalky. Maybe mixing it with cocoa will hide the smell, or lots of berries. Lesson for me - Never buy something in bulk before trying a sample. I prefer straight hemp to this.

Tastes nice, but too sweet

Posted by Umbridge on Jun 30, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I only like stevia in very small quantities, and this powder has too much. However, it is tasty and rather neutral otherwise...plus it's raw. As far as protein powders go, this one is one of the best...it would probably be THE best if they just scaled back on the stevia!

Superb vegan protein

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This stuff doesn't taste fantastic, but doesn't taste that bad either. It dissolves beautifully in liquid, which is in contrast to every other rice protein I've tried. What makes sunwarrior a superior choice for protein is that it has a complete amino acid profile and is raw and not chemically processed. Highly recommended. A special note to Australian customers: get the vanilla one because for some reason the unflavoured one can't be sent to Australia. I don't know why though.

great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 09, 2011 | Verified Purchase

i've tooken tons of different proteins and after finding out how unhealthy whey and soy proteins were for the body i found sun warrior protein. It literally is the best protein i've bought. Fills you up without upsettin your stomach, gives me instant energy and really helps me heal after my workouts..strongly reccomend it

Very good protein

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

One of the best proteins I have used. It tastes good, is naturally lactose-free as well as vegan. The only thing I wish for is to have this protein available at my local store!

It's early yet...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Had taken many protein powders over the years and lately had been shying away from taking them since the others were leaving me with a heavy/sleepy feeling. However thus far this product fairs differently and I've been making my shakes with soy ice cream to boot and still feel light as a feather!

Sun Warrior Protein

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Tastes great, satisfies hunger and gives you energy

Good Product

Posted by energetyx on Dec 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've tried a number of alternatives to whey protein powders, and this is definitely one of the best. It mixes better than other rice protein powders, tastes pretty good and has an excellent nutritional profile. However, it still doesn't compare to the smoothness and versatility of whey protein and has a noticeably dry/course texture. Expensive, too.

Love love love

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My husband and I absolutely love this shake!!!!!! This is one of the ONLY raw vegan shakes without a million ingredients. Whenever they have Anton of ingredients they tend to give us both a stomach ache. We use the vanilla which usually we are chocolate people but the chocolate is very chalky. I mix mine with water or coconut water, stevia, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground flax or hemp and a little cayenne pepper to make it a little picante!!!!! I like it a lot and the quality and results are wonderful!!!!

Good / great taste, best veg. protein

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 31, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I don't like taste of stevia but this product has good taste even for me. My wife loves it. This is vegetarian protein that helped me with protein deficiency.