Product Formulation Change

Posted by Reviewer2385733 on Oct 01, 2012

The ingredient panel for the product I received last week contains benzyl alcohol pretty high up on the list and other changes that are not apparent on this website (since 9/18/2012, the date of my order). I'm not planning to use this item anymore since this type of alcohol can be very drying to hair. Anyway, the previous formula coated my hair - giving it a kind of waxy feeling that was acceptable only because I was experimenting with it as a co-wash product that was inexpensive, somewhat natural with key extracts for healthy hair and scalp and felt that the resulting "weight" was okay for my hair style. I wasn't too worried about the DMDM hydantoin (softener/perservative) or phenoxyethanol (preservative) that was used as a preservative in the prior formula. Wish they could find a way to make it with all the extracts and without the benzyl alcohol.Oh well, - inexpensive, somewhat natural, has some key (ayurvedic) ingredients such as buruti oil, capuaca butter, alma and ylang ylang oil, and other extracts, but not for me anymore. Don't think it helped at all with color retention. iherb offered to refund my purchase cost, but the shipping cost to return the item was almost as much as the purchase price!

Helps henna color last...

Posted by Reviewer2075559 on Oct 04, 2009

If you color with henna you know it doesn't last anywhere near as long as regular hair dye. This conditioner does help keep the color longer. I mix it in with my favorite conditioner.

very good conditioner

Posted by Reviewer2648900 on Mar 22, 2009

This is very good. Non-weighty. My hair is thin and fine with an oily scalp.

Surya Henna Cream Black/D Brown

Posted by Reviewer1401672 on Jan 04, 2014

Similar to many who have been using these 2 colours and provided positive feedback. What a disappointment to learn that iHerb decided recently not to stock these 2 colours. :(

Rich!

Posted by Reviewer1417983 on Feb 23, 2010

This conditioner is rich, moisturizing,creamy and smoothes my hair really well and leaves it with a nice shine.

Really like!

Posted by Reviewer3050558 on Jun 08, 2011

Nice, no bad fragrance, really conditions, feels natural. I like it the best of many I have tried.

The best stuff for dry hair

Posted by 5371028106238168248 on Feb 22, 2017

I love, love, love this conditioner. I had tried so many other conditioners for my dry, brittle, frizzy hair before I found this and I'm so glad I found it! This conditioner works like no other at moisturizing my hair. Finally, my hair looks healthy and moisturized. It also works well on curly hair. My daughter uses it on her curly hair and it really helps eliminate the frizz.

Surya Conditioner

Posted by Reviewer2675861 on Aug 18, 2010

Perfect! Finally I am more than satisfied with organic hair conditoner, I really like it! Will buy again for sure :)

love this stuff!

Posted by Reviewer3193805 on Sep 26, 2014

Super creamy, works great! i have colored, curly hair and this conditioner is like magic!

not as good as I thought it would be

Posted by Reviewer2518947 on May 08, 2009

Leaves my hair on the frizzy side and I have curly long hair. I won't be reordering this conditioner.