Taste like caramell

Posted by kkfjkldsjfldfj on Dec 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

LOVE LOVE this product, tastes like caramell, dark raw cane sugar or light muscuvado sugar. It' sooo freaking good. It has really low GI index so it doesn't affect your blood sugar which is nice. Plus almost no calories and it's loaded with tons of minerals and vitamines. BUY it and sprinkle over yoghurt, buckwheat or oatmeal porridge. Use it in cookies, desserts and anywhere else you normally would like to use white sugar.

Never Buy, contaminated

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 02, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I am shocked that this coconut sugar, although USDA certified Organic, is contaminated with lots of BLACK SPECKS that do not dissolve in water. These are some kind of contamination and may be bad for health if consumed. People who mixed it into baking ingredients will not be able to realize this problem because the dirty specks are very small. Hope I-Herb will not carry such sub standard products in future.

Love this sugar!!!

Posted by CelestesBest on Apr 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

We eat a gluten free diet and I bake often. We all love this sugar. I am usually very affected by sugar and can only use those with a low glycemic index, so palm sugar is perfect for me. I use it to replace both brown and white sugar. I've even made confectionery sugar by taking one cup of palm sugar and 1 TBS of sweet rice flour and putting it in the blender for 20 seconds. Thanks for carrying this iherb and at a great price.

As with any sugar, good in extreme moderation

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Tastes like brown sugar, only with more of a caramel or butterscotch tone. YUMMY for sure! I have questions about it's sustainability and have read conflicting information from several sources. I am unsure at this point if I will purchase this product again, but not because it isn't good. IT IS VERY GOOD! I just feel like I need some more concrete information about the way the sugar is extracted before I can decide. But the bottom line is that this product is delicious and amazing in all of my kinda-sorta-not-paleo-once-in-awhile-only treats. :-)

YUMMY AND HEALTHIER THAN WHITE SUGAR! Great sale price!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 09, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Great sale price. Shipped and received fast. Tasty and a 1:1 ratio to refined white sugar but much healthier for you! Great for holiday baking. It does not taste like coconut in anyway in case you're curious. Used in muffins, pies, cakes, ice cream, and brownies so far.

Please replace cane sugar with this healthy nutritious coconut sugar

Posted by SEEKING-HEALTH REVIEWS on Jul 05, 2013 | Verified Purchase

On Products-With-Reviews page, I have more reviews of other products I have bought and used. Nutiva's Organic Coconut Sugar is made from fresh coconut tree sap, collected from the cut flower buds. The sap is heated to evaporate moisture, resulting in the crystal or granular form of sugar. The subtly sweet taste of Coconut Sugar is similar to brown sugar with a hint of caramel. Unrefined and unprocessed, it is considered to be healthier than other refined and chemical sweetener options.

Esta riquisima

Posted by ROSSITA on Sep 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Es un azúcar delicioso, me encanta para fresas, batidos verdes etc...además tiene vitaminas no como el azúcar refinado que encima te roba minerales al cuerpo. Más revisiones de productos en mi cuenta.

Great price for a low glycemic sweetener.

Posted by eiriha on Apr 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Lowest price I've seen for organic coconut sap crystals, and quality is as good as any.

not for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

In an effort to replace regular sugar, I bought this one. But no! This isn't even sweet...

Good but...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I got this sugar to use in my water kefir and I was so excited to get it for such a great price. It tastes great to me kinda like a cross between caramel and brown sugar. However, after putting the sugar into my kefir mix I noticed small black specks floating around, they were little but today there was a speck bigger than usual. I'm hoping it's just something from the palm tree so I'll keep using it until its gone unless I get really paranoid or the specks become more unusual. But I won't buy this brand again.