Great supplement for depresssion

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

High concentrates of Folic Acid have been shown to aid anti-depressants in making more serotonin available to the body. I was using a prescription version called Deplin but the cost was too high for me. I've found this produce to give the same benefits. On days when I don't take it I notice more depression, so I take one daily. And you can't get the benefit by buying Folic Acid at the drugstore. One would have to consume dozens a day for the same or lesser benefit.

lowering my homocysteine level

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I had been trying desperately to lower my homocysteine with a high dose of ordinary folate. It had worked in 2004, but not any more. Then I read about 5-MTHF and thought that 1 mg should do it. Disappointment again. Then I made a mistake and ordered 5-MTHF in the 5 mg strength. That did it. My number is 8.5 where I want it to be. I may have to toggle back and forth between the two strengths because it can be unwise to lower homocysteine too much.

outstanding quality and results

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 03, 2016 | Verified Purchase

In combination with Kirkman Labs DMG this led to our 5yo autistic son regaining his speech abilities.

Expensive, but best available

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 16, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is a good high strength product from a reliable brand. Have looked, but not found anything as good. Capsule size is on the smaller side (good for kids), as we use this for Autism support (1 a day, with B12 shots, etc.).

Inferior to solgar brand metafolin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 30, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I found that this product to be extremely inferior to the solgar brand metafolin. I bought this thinking it's better value for money and it's more convenient then popping 10 tabs of solgar a day. I however dipped into a deep depression with crushing anxiety after 1 week from switching from solgar to this brand. Would not recommend to any with the 5-MTHFR gene mutation.

VERY GOOD SERVICE

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

VERY GOOD SERVICE

excellent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 10, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is much better than the 1mg it makes such a difference. A great product so much more concentration.

Part of My Methylation Routine

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 28, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Recommended by my NP for genetic methylation issues. This is one supplement of about 7 that I take for this genetic anomaly. I have been using this for 4 years. Symptoms are all under control.

great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Best folate around!

Good for me

Posted by klagoosh on Oct 24, 2013 | Verified Purchase

So far so good. Men have to be careful with iron. This seems to be very good.

1 2