Good value for a lot of HCL in a form that's easily available

Posted by RedYetiDave on Dec 07, 2011 | Verified Purchase

The trouble with some HCL supplements is that they are in pill form - and if you're taking HCL pills are not the easiest thing to break down. Meaning you probably don't see as much of the HCL in your stomach as quickly as you'd want. These are capsules containing powder so they melt easily. They are also about three times the strength per capsule of most of the other HCL supplements out there so if you have to take several of some other brand, there are less to take with these. As a bonus they contain pepsin and the reckoning out there (by people like Chris Kresser) is that both should be taken together.

Great product

Posted by 5193939841330322921 on Oct 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have had digestion and constipation problems for years. No more laxatives and my skin and hair are no longer oily all the time.

Helps to absorb nutrients from food

Posted by Reviewer2098658 on Aug 04, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Nothing seemed to improve my extremely low iron level until I started taking this product. Doctors could not explain why (most of them are useless anyway). As it turned out, I had very low acidicy in my stomach, so most nutrients were not absorbed properly, including iron and calcium. This product has helped immensely.

Typical Thorne Product = Great Stuff!

Posted by Reviewer2764498 on May 31, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have used other HCL products in the past and for whatever reason, this product does not cause heartburn. I suspect that is due to the capsules vs. caplets. The price seemed really right also, but be aware that the way the product is written led me to believe that one cap was the dose - it's two. Sometimes, I combine one / two caps with NOW enzymes which have a 20% HCL content. I believe I will be using this product only in the future though the NOW HCL (besides the enzymes) is also good. BTW, I-Herb is great to deal with!

Works Well

Posted by Reviewer1715581 on Oct 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I take Betaine on and off as needed. This product is very good.

Fantastic

Posted by Reviewer1654938 on Jul 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Very high quality betaine!! Typically I would dose up to 4-6x the recommended dose with other brands. Thorne is serious. Will definitely buy again!

Excellent

Posted by 4614833340513791876 on Aug 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I believe this to be one of the most important supplements alongside a probiotic and digestive enzyme. This has product really helped with the bloating and allows me to eat more,whereas before supplementing I would eat a small breakfast and not even want lunch or dinner.

great product & great value

Posted by Reviewer1794079 on Dec 30, 2013 | Verified Purchase

it comes in capsules. easy to swallow & more effective. believe it or not, it seems to help my sinus.

Thorne Betaine HCL

Posted by Reviewer1993024 on Apr 10, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I must admit to being a little disappointed with this product. The main reason is that I dont think the capsules break down quickly enough in the stomach to provide the HCL whilst you're actually eating. I have another product which is better - Solgar Betaine HCL tablets. These break down and dissolve immediately and so the HCL is there when you are eating.

Good potency

Posted by Reviewer1301066 on Dec 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've tried many HCl brands from Source Naturals to Now to Carlson. This one is of the more potent brands and yes, I'm compensating for the fact that some brands have different milligram doses.

1 2