Help

Unsucessful Introduction.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My Wife was involved in a near fatal RTA in 1963. She now has a VERY highly permeable blood brain barrier.Bought this product to see if the Statin could help reduce this permeabilty. Trial introduction Abandoned due to central nervous system side effects after 48 Hrs. Statins have been reported as being effective against BBB dysfunction sadly my Wife's BBB is Too compromised. My studies have been extensive and research clearly suggests that Red Rice Yeast/ statin may well be effective in reducing BBB permeability in MS situations. If you choose to go down this route may I also suggest a combined Magnesium, Calcium and Boron Supplement at RDA. Calcium in it's ionic form is a central pillar of normal BBB funtionality, and often lacking Post Menopause. God Bless.

Quality product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is the same product that is sold by my naturopath and I save a few dollars by purchasing it through IHerb. I have found it to be effective- lowering my total cholesterol from 280 to 190 over a years time.

Could not live without.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 22, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I love this product. It truly works. Took my cholesterol from 398 to 160 in 6 weeks. Love, Love.

Statin drugs are risky and unnecessary

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have taken Choleast by Thorne since 2003. It has helped tremendously in keeping my otherwise high total cholesterol at reasonable levels. For my body, this product reduces my LDL without reducing my HDL and that gives me a good ratio. It also helps keep LDL particles large and buoyant instead of small and dense. Small and dense particles gives greater capacity to lodge in vessels and collectively become plaque. I also appreciate that Thorne Research has added CoQ10 to their product. This is not the case with many other red yeast rice products on the market. Red Yeast Rice (and pharma statin drugs) are documented for depleting CoQ10 in the body so if one takes a red yeast rice product without CoQ10, one should supplement.

cholest

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Bought my cholesterol down to healthy range and dcotor is very happy with the results.

It works!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

My father has been on these for 2 years. Bad cholesterol has dropped from 9+ to 5.5. And it is still maintained / dropping!

Effectiveness of Choleast

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is an excellent product from a trusted source. I have used this product off and on in lieu of a pharmaceutical statin. My total cholesterol was lowered from 242 to 190 in just two months with improvements in my LDL and HDL. I was pleased to present the information about this product to my physicians, including a cardiologist. Ask your physician about taking this.

Choleast -Excellent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 08, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This product is excellent in reducing Cholestrol levels. I was on statins for years, and had numerous side effects. Choleast has reduced my levels, lower than I have ever seen in the past years, and with no side effects at all.

Thorne Choloeast

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 08, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Product has been very useful in keeping my levels in check.

The statin you have when you are not having a statin!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 25, 2015 | Verified Purchase

The statin you have when you are not having a statin!!!!!!!!!!!! Has all sorts of goodies which do not appear in statins from the drug companies.

1 2 3 4