Thorne Indole Carbinol

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is a good product for getting rid of extra estrogen in your body that may not have cleared out properly. It's good if you are estrogen-dominant and need some help to clear it out naturally. Doctor recommended. Safe.

Prevents prostate cancer, helps liver detoxification, helps with estrogen.

Posted by danarm on Apr 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Unfortunately, it may make the thyroid go slower.

not so great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Bought it instead of the Now Foods I3C because it was out of stock.Thorne is twice more expensive and I did not notice any improvement (with Now Foods it came after two weeks of taking).

only as needed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 12, 2012 | Verified Purchase

this is a powerful supplement should only be used under the care of a knowledgeable Doctor. it did help to reduce some bad estrogens in my body. best not to self diagnose, get the tests done before and during use to monitor its affects.

excellent product - have more energy than ever before

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 05, 2012 | Verified Purchase

excellent product - my energy and concentration have improved 1000x over...

I'm sure it works for some people...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I'm sure it works for its intended purposes, but it also interferes with your thyroid. This is possibly the worst tasting thing I've ever used. I took it once but threw the rest of it away. I love Thorne Research products, but this one isn't right for me.

My doctor prescribed for high estrogen levels

Posted by pareedus on May 26, 2014 | Verified Purchase

My doctor tested me and my estrogen was 4 times what it was supposed to be, with the side effects that come with that. I have been taking this for a couple of years, and have not been re-tested, but I do feel less angry and prone to fly off the handle. I don't know why other reviewer have said this product 'tastes bad' or 'smells funny'. It's a gelatin capsule- you don't chew it, you swallow it! It's fine to me, I haven't noticed those things and I am focused on the benefits.

Thorne, Research, Indole-3-Carbinol

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Fantastic product, does exactly what it says its suppossed to do, gets rid of bad extrogen.

I3C

Posted by adechamplain on Jan 02, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Indole 3 Carbinol is a great compound found in surfuric foods like broccoli , cabbage, kale, and so on. Helps control oestrogen levels but can also inhibit the thyroid so worth checking with blood tests every now and then. I only started two weeks ago so might have to give this a longer try to see the effects.

Doctor recommended

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My doctor recommended this product to take while on BHRT

1 2 3