Effective - small bottle lasts a while. Remember that iodine needs B12

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Dec 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This deceptive little bottle will last a while and the contents are very effective - I learnt it's a bad idea to underestimate it. This is so effective I find I have to dilute it quite a lot or I get hyper symptoms. Recommend starting on low doses until you find your threshhold. Please remember that iodine needs B12 - they are synergists. If you take more iodine, it might pay to take more B12 as well - especially at high doses/long term. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Miracle for Hypothyroidism and Candida

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

After 14 years of gaining weight and feeling like I'm 100 years old (no energy, hair loss, extreme fatigue, etc.), I can honestly say this product has given me back my life. I've lost 31 lbs, I can sleep at night, my energy is up, and I've decreased my meds to almost nothing. Obviously this was the key ingredient my body was missing!! I've only been taking this a month!!

At 3 1/2 weeks really finding this helpful

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 31, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My naturopath recommended this due to low basal body temperature, suggesting my thyroid is not functioning properly despite testing showing low normal. (I take my BBT because I am charting fertility to get pregnant) This has helped my energy substantially! The protocol from my doctor is to take 1 drop a day, increasing by one drop every day for 5 days, then two days off, repeat this weekly sequence for 3 weeks, then start at 5 drops and work up to 8 or 10 drops daily, missing a day here and there, until I feel any negative symtpoms, then decrease to symptom-free dose. This protocol seems to help relieve bromide-detox symptoms that can happen by giving kidneys a break. The first two weeks I had some unpleasant feelings in my fingers, arms, legs on the days I took 5 drops, the other days I felt great! Now I am up to 6 drops on the fourth week and have no negative side effects, just more energy. Perhaps this protocol will help others with similar issues. Also, my partner decided to take it, too, when he found his body temperature to measure a bit low. He also feels it has increased his energy. He's modifying the protocol to work up to only a few drops a day. IHerb delivered this lightening fast and I think this is a high-quality product, the only iodine supplement my naturopath thinks is safe to use.

Good stuff!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 05, 2008 | Verified Purchase

For anyone who gets knocked flat on their back from potassium iodide (lugol's) this is a great alternative. Iosol has allowed me to lower thyroid meds, improved the texture of my skin, helped me to sleep sound and numerous other benenfits. Not claiming it to be a cure all because there usually isn't one magic bullet but definetly a great addition to the essential supplement tool box.

Fibrocystic Breast

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 22, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Just plain happy. I used this to cure my Fibrocystic Breast. I was in extreme pain before using it just before my period. That is usually when it was most unbearable. I cannot feel the cysts after 1 week. Also the cramping associated with the menstral cycle was less than half. Study for yourself the amazing findings of Iodine in the diet and breast and thyroid health. Also I have been trying to loose weight for years, since I started this regiment I've lost 4 lbs.

Remarkable change in ability to sleep restfully.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

At first I thought perhaps it was a fluke, but this Iosol has made a remarkable difference in the quality of sleep I am getting. I have not had restful sleep for almost as long as I can recall (age 2), but since taking these drops, I am finding that for the first time I can remember, I am able to fall asleep - and sleep WELL. I have stopped taking melatonin completely, due to the wonderful results I have had while taking Iosol. Also, I am finding that when I wake up in the morning, I am actually awake. Previously (probably due to poor sleep) it has been difficult for me to rouse myself. My energy level has improved, as well. I highly recommend trying this product.

It works : )

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I bought this use I had all the symptoms of under-active thyroid,(gaining weight even with diet/exercise,constipated,low body temperature (I feel cold when others feel warm, I need extra sweaters, etc.),feel fatigued, exhausted Feeling run down, sluggish, lethargic, hair is coarse and dry, breaking, brittle, falling out,dry, scaly, skin, puffiness and swelling around the eyes and face,aches in joints, hands and feet, difficulty concentrating,forgetful) and it has been a real drag as I am a happy, energetic person. It took me forever to finally find that my symptoms were from an under-active thyroid. Iodine is one of the main things that a thyroid needs to work properly so I got it and noticed a difference right away.(Improved memory and mood.) I take 14 drops a day, 7 drops in the morning and 7 drops in the evening.

Iosol Iodine - the best

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Iodine deficiency in the U.S. is rampant. This is the product to use when nothing else works; especially if you have symptoms of thyroid imbalance but your doctor tells you your thyroid is just fine. It's benefits are so far reaching that it's easy to underestimate how effective this iodine product is. It not only energizes, clears the brain fog and vision, but it's one of the most effective yeast, fungal, heavy metal and chemical detoxifiers available. Helps improve digestion and elimination.

Change my life

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 04, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Sound hyperbolic but it's true. I started with kelp pills and got positive results. Switched to this and now can exercise for the first time in a few years. Also feel less anxiety prone with daily iodine.

Excellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 14, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Had an almost immediate elevation of mood, an elevated level of tolerance and an overall better attitude. Just taking 1 drop in 2 oz water daily. Will not be without this from now on.