Cure for Reflux

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I had all the symptoms of hypochlorhydria (weak stomach acid): reflux, adult acne, eczema on my scalp and face, athlete's foot. You need strong acid to utilize the nutrition in food. It appears that my depression was related to being malnourished, because I no longer fall into deep depression (suicidal thoughts). You need strong stomach acid to absorb B12, and B12 deficiency has been linked to depression. I always had a slight, but constant, thick congestion -- that is gone. I also used to suffer from very dry skin, but that has gotten better. Twinlab has worked best for me. Now Foods brand was useless for me. Read a book called: "Why Stomach Acid is Good for You: Natural Relief from Heartburn, Indigestion, Reflux and GERD" written by an M.D. and Ph.D. With regard to reflux, they say "strong stomach acid = strong valve." They recommend working up to 6 - 7 capsules/meal. Once I started taking HCl, I was cured of the reflux instantaneously. I do wish they made Betaine HCl in a more concentrated form. I go through a bottle/week. I also lost weight -- I used to be quite chubby. Again, strong acid means you are sqeezing all of the nutrients out of your food, so you don't get hungry as often.

Betaine HCL

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 18, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have to say this is a good product for the money.. As someone with low stomach acid due to adrenal fatigue and hypothyroid, this product is helping me break down the foods that were not being broke down.

Good for skin problems/ Best allergy free brand!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 04, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have adult acne and I found out one of the causes can be low stomach acid. After 2 capsules of this HCL, I noticed an immediate difference! I take 2 caps after each meal. Keeps my skin glowing and acne free. I had tried another brand of Betaine and broke out in hives. Most betaine is derived from wheat or beets or shellfish. Twinlab does not contain any of these allergy triggers. Great product at a fabulous price!

Helps with Digestion

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I take one with every meal, and don't have to take antacids anymore, yeah......

So many people don't know...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 24, 2007 | Verified Purchase

As we age, many of us need MORE acid for digestion, not less! These capsules are easy to swallow, and it is easy to adjust the dosage with different types of meals.

helps greatly with heavy meals

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

make sure to take in the middle of the meal, does not feel nice touching your stomach linings...

I can't be without it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 08, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have low stomach acid and I take a lot of supplements, without this product I can't digest the supplements and I get sick right after I take them, like very uncomfortable feeling in my stomach, feels almost like I can't breathe, but right after I take Betaine HCl everything in my stomach settles and gives immediate relief. That's why I don't want to be without it.

savour

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

If you have serious gastric and digestive issues I highly recommend you get this product. It has done wonders for me!

relief!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've only been using this a few weeks but it has really helped with my stomach issues, I love it! Would highly recommend and will continue to purchase.

Great Product - Helps with Digestion

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

For people with trouble with digestion, this product works well. It helps with bloating from poor digestion.