Powerful supplement.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This seemed to help my sore joints immediately, and is known as an arthritis remedy for some people. It has a powerful effect upon the whole histamine system and needs to be carefully balanced, in my case at least. Too much causes sleepiness and constipation. Am pleased that I seem to have found a supplement to address a root issue but it needs to be handled carefully. How you respond to it depends upon your underlying metabolism. It is definitely not a one-size-fits-all supplement. Histidine seems to be a precursor to the evil genie homocysteine, but if taken with a mix of Bs can be managed without harm. It also seems to be zinc-wasting. Web search histapenia and methylation before using, or better, get professional help with it if you think this can help you. As always, excellent iHerb service and a competitive price.

Stop Hair Loss

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 24, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I take this and Glycine to stop hair loss and thicken my aging hair

Amazing!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

My naturopath recommended this product for my low stomach acid and it has been a life saver!!! L-histidine is not an easy item to find so I'm glad iherb has it and at a low price, too.

One of the best I've tried

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Helps digestion better than enzymes and probiotics combined. Better for allergies than zyrtec (concider combining with NAC + vit. C). In addition, raised libido and calmer mind.

sexual boost

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This stuff is amazing, it raises histamine which is required for proper sexual functioning, and it works, still playing around with the dosages, interestingly MACA which is well known for libido boost contains alot of L-Histidine in it, will continue to buy this.

L-Histidine for arthritis

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 02, 2007 | Verified Purchase

L-Histidine has really improved my arthritis swelling and discomfort!

helps achieve orgasm if you are on anti-depressant like Prozac

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I take Prozac which is a fantastic antidepressant but the side effect is that although I get erection, I cannot achieve orgasm, probably due to low levels of histamine. I take one tablet of L-Histidine 30 mins before sex and the problem is resolved. For boost in the erection department, I combine it with a few capsules of ginkgo biloba which seems to help slightly with erection and somehow mitigate the anorgasmia side effect of prozac. The main help for achieving orgasm is L-Histidine though not the ginkgo.

Less muscle fatigue and weakness

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 11, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Gave me less musle fatigue and weakness when taking the prescribtion drug Mirtazapin for depression. This effect might be due to the fact that, apart from increasing serotonin and noradrenaline transmission, Mirtazapin also has a strong antihistamine effect. This can cause feelings of muscle weaknes and fatigue. And histidine is the precursor the body uses to produce histamine.

Product is pure and effective!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 19, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Works to restore L-Histidine levels due to insufficiency of HCL levels. I highly recommend anyone suffering from L-Hisitidine deficiency to get their HCL level's tested! HCL is required to digest and assimilate this vital amino acid while it also is required to produce HCL so it's creates a vicious cycle in the body. God luck! Health and proper understanding are the best blessings in life!

Denise D

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Trying to trear my Blepharitis naturally. There has been some improvemrnt, and the price was reasonable.

1 2 3