Usable, but with serious caveats

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 08, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Is a product good if all I can think to call its review is, "Not as bad as it could have been"? Probably not. This is not a terrible protein shake, for a vegan product. However, it's not a "smoothie", as it is not smooth. It clumps, it's gritty, you have to shake it between sips to keep it drinkable. It sticks in your throat. Not the worst offender in the vegan category, but I certainly won't be buying another bag. Taste-wise, I would recommend this over Bodacious Berry but definitely not the chocolate one. It's not as cloyingly sweet as BB, but the flavour is artificial and unnecessarily sweet. It smells okay, but the aftertaste is distressingly soap-like. Use this powder in an actual smoothie mix with fruit and veg; this is a glorified protein shake and not a smoothie, and I do not feel like I got my money's worth at all. Looking back on how long Vega's "protein smoothie" bags last me - hardly over a week - the product is grossly overpriced for my use. I would recommend this one to people who cannot stand other vegan protein alternatives. Use it in a mix, not by itself. Additional note: There's a plastic scoop in every bag, and it's a different size scoop in each flavour of this product. A ridiculous waste of natural resources!

Yuck!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 04, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This protein tastes disgusting like dried up seaweed.i mixed it with water and it doesnt blend at all. Its almost unbearable to drink. I spilled it all out in the sink. Its so hard to chug also. I just really hate the taste. Maybe blending it like a smoothie with fruits will get rid of the taste. If not then its going in the trash

Best non-whey/non-soy protein powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Brown rice/hemp/pea protein powders are usually so gritty, I can't drink them. Vega is very mixable with just a hint of that grittiness. The tropical tast is delicious, especially blended with mixed berries.

Perfect in smoothies

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 17, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I only used this protein powder in my everyday-smoothies, but I found it great to just that. It piffed up my smoothie with the tropical flavour, and was perfect to "tropical" fruit and berries. More!

Vega protein smoothie

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 25, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Too sweet: needs less supplement and more water.

Delishous Taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 26, 2017 | Verified Purchase

It taste really yummy it has a peachy mango like flavour ,I made it into a smoothie seriously yum will be buying again for sure and it's VEGAN..I also made it into nice crème with frozen bananas and a scoop of the protein powder and OH My its good

Great taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 20, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Vega is my preferred brand as I find they are just such fantastic quality. This is a really nice tasting supplement and good quality. I have tried a couple of protein shakes being vegan, and this one is as good as any other. The quality is second to none.

One of my favourites

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 22, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Surprisingly nice - the tropical taste is really nice in the morning as a breakfast or after workout.

The perfect smoothie ingredient

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is amazing! I love the taste of it, and adding it to my smoothies have made them taste better and keep me from getting hungry really fast. I would highly recommend the Vega tropical tango. I will be buying the other flavors very soon.

My favorite breakfast shake

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 13, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I use this with water only for a tropical tasting healthy breakfast with non animal protein and 2 servings of veggies. I really like this product and will continue to buy it.

1 2