New vs Old...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've been a consumer of the old Vega 'Whole Food Health Optimizer' for at least 3-4 years. I've only bought the new Vega ONE ... because I have to ... with the old one no longer available. The old product was - hands down - a 5 star product on every single level. Unfortunately, my husband and I are both fairly disappointed in this new product (we are AVID consumers of all Sequel products!) While the taste of Vega ONE is a little better, it unfortunately, does not fill you up anywhere near as well as the old one did -- and that is with two full scoops, not the recommended 'one scoop'. This new one also trends towards making you a bit 'tooty'...the last one never did. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it..." If anyone else is also disappointed, you can try MacroLife Greens and Macrolife Reds..also available on the iHerb website. They are not quite the same in nutritional coverage, but are still worth while. Cheers,

amazing!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 15, 2014 | Verified Purchase

love this Nutritional shake, its everything it says and combine with their website, gives many tips, recipes and ideas

Wow: feeling so energized

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 08, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I was very cautious when I ordered the product due the few negative reviews (I always read those first). I was afraid of the taste as this seems to be one of the major concerns. I was hesitating between 2 brands. Then, I wrote to a famous Doctor's office in NY who sells his own brand of protein powder but that cannot be shipped to Europe yet. They then recommended this brand and I went for it. I must say, I amazed. I take a shake every morning (visit the vegaone site, they have great smoothie recipes!) and I can tell the difference in my energy level, in my mental clarity, in my digestion and in my lack of cravings throughout the day. When I do not take it, I tend to munch all day long. It is as if the shake gives me exactly what my body needs. Two comments though: - I understand where the people who did not like the taste are coming from. It is probably stevia as this is a non-sweetened product. Stevia takes some getting used to it. Personally, it does not disturb me, but I would very much welcome if the brand launched a really non-sweetned product, i.e no stevia either. I would just then throw a date in my shake and that would be it. - The powder contains maca and I am not sure if this is the right thing for me to take due my low cortisol level. This is something I will have to double check.

Excellent product, milled wholefood

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 05, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Great taste just mixed with water. I've had digestion problems since a course of antibiotics after my 2nd child, the probiotic content and whatever else has improved my digestion greatly. Always use this on my workout days, less than full serve gives me a boost, have a bit more when I don't follow Brazier's related Thrive diet as closely. Good value. I've tried the cheaper vegan alternatives, and this is one of the cases where you really do get what you pay for: this is a superior product, better results. You can put a price on health if you have pre-existing health issues and children and an intense fitness routine and study and work to keep up with all at once! This is no quick-fix for an otherwise poor diet, but it provides excellent extra support in times of stress and lifestyle transition periods.

Pretty good stuff--not high in sugar

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I searched for a powder that was low in sugar--not easy to find. This one has fairly good taste and is a nice addition to my almond milk/hemp milk fruit smoothie I make. I also use Green Vibrance, so I may switch over to a straight protein powder since they cross over a ot, and I love my Green Vibrance. But if I was going to use just one protein powder I'd use this one. I don't mind textures, but I detect no grittiness or powdery feel.

Excellent value for money

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 07, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I am vegan, work full time and study part time so my diet isn't always what it should be. I find Vega to be a brilliant nutritional support for those times when I'm just too busy or too tired to prepare a meal. It tastes great and I feel really well when I have it as a meal. I keep it in the fridge because the flax content can go rancid but that keeps it really well. I usually have it in a shake with rice milk. This is one of those supplements I will keep as one of my mainstays. Very happy with it, good quality and good value for money.

Good Stuff!

Posted by adechamplain on Nov 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I've always liked the vega range. It has 50% of your vitamin needs for the day in a serving which at times can be good if you are running on empty and needing a nutritious meal/snack. I often use this and other protein powder (Garden of Life Raw Protein and Maca up or others) in my morning smoothie which I have between a run and going to the pool or between my morning sprints and going to the gym. It means I get a quick fuel up of great nutrition and ensure my body has what it needs. I often add a banana or fruit to the powders, perhaps a few other supplements as well reishi powder (Fungiology), Maca, Cinnamon (blood sugar regulation), chlorella although this particular mix has maca, greens and so on. It's a bit more expensive than the others but it has added vitamins and maca, greens etc so I guess you get what you pay for.

Love this

Posted by amymitchell on Apr 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I love vega and this new formula is great in my smoothies. You can barely taste it now! Although I do prefer to use more than the new scoop size as I'm used to putting '2 scoops' in rather than 1.

Good Stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 17, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I like the taste -not too strong, and easy to dissolve.

first powder i have tried

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 03, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I bought this to add to my plant based smoothie in the mornings. I chose the natural flavor because I didn't want to commit to a certain added flavor. This powder definatly has a chalky "green " flavor to it. I find myself chugging to get it over with but also feel good knowing I'm getting quality ingredients along with what ive already put in the vitamix.

1 2