great form of calcium

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I am very cautious about taking calcium supplements after reading a book about calcium by Douglas Mulhall & Katja Hansen. Very illuminating. This product fits the bill nicely because it is plant-based, even though it doesn't taste that great. But I mix it in green drinks or with other foods so I never taste it. Older folks should note, though, that it does have some iron in it.

Excellent Product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 26, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This product is great. I have been adding it to my morning fruit smoothies - I can't taste it, but my body loves it!

No Bone Density Loss with this product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 07, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I am a 57 year old woman who took calcium all the time 7 years ago but still had bone density loss. I just had a recheck after taking this product since 2002 and there is NO bone loss at all! Great product!!

Worthwhile supplement for certain nutrients.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Good daily 'top up' supplement, I was assured of its potency after taking 3 measures in a day and felt noticably more energetic.

Excellent Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 11, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I was introduced to Green Calcium by knowledgeable employee at Wild Oats in Tucson. It completely agrees with my body. It was difficult to get used to the texture and non-taste, but now I mix it with half water and half guava juice. Much easier. Also I let it soak for a while. Have just started the 2nd container of powder. Am grateful I can order it on line as it is not available in Canada.

Green Calcium too high in iron...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I bought this product thinking it would be a great surce of natural calcium but found that it tastes terrible, can plug you up, and is way too high in iron for most people. I wish I had read the iron content before purchasing. It tastes like some kind of algae product that should be kept in a fish tank or sea. Sorry, this one is thumbs down for me.