The best probiotic...period.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

After spending years, yes years, researching many and trying many different probiotics I can confidently say that this product, Kyo-Dophilus 9 by Wakunaga is the best. It contains 9 probiotic strains that are human source, they are all independently verified for efficacy and the product is shelf/heat stable ideal for travel/room temperature storage. And my results from this product, 2 capsules a day as directed, have been amazing. Elimination of bloating, indigestion and a marked increase in energy, clear skin and a greater sense of wellness. This probiotic delivers, and iHerb's price and customer service is superb.

Fab Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have ulcerative colitis, nothing would control it, not steroids or azothioprine and it had been recommended that I have an illiostomy. Not wanting to go down that route I looked for an alternative. Kyo Dophillius changed my life, from spending hours in the bathroom a day I now have normal bowel movements and am off all meds.

Suitable for histamine intolerant people

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase

At least it works for me, and none of the strains is supposed to be a problem for this group. There are bacteria sold as probiotics that produce histamine, which should be avoided if you suffer from histamine intolerance. This product does not contain those.

An excellent choice if you're looking for a good probiotic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I started giving two of these to my Dad (two capsules daily opened up into tomato juice) because I wanted to boost his immunity and prevent all the opportunistic infections, etc. someone with congestive heart failure will have. After a very short time, his health improved dramatically. He stopped getting sore throats, and stopped developing new illnesses. He doesn't feel he needs his cane, but most remarkably, his constant skin cancers have stopped flaring up. My mom had been using cream prescribed from the doctor constantly on his head but doesn't need to do that anymore. I attribute it 100% to the Kyodophilus. So, I bought a 360 capsule bottle for my sister, the sun lover (who had also had some skin cancer) and within a little over a week she reported that although she didn't notice anything in particular about her skin, her gastrointestinal functioning had improved dramatically so she is going to continue using it for that alone. She is a nurse and very skeptical about "natural remedies." I take Jarrodophilus because it works very well for me but am seriously considering switching to the far cheaper Kyodophilus 9.

Perfect With Antibiotics

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I had to take 10-days worth of heavy-duty antibiotics, but I live in Arizona where shipments of probiotics, even if they come packed in dry ice, tend to get downright hot by the time I get them. My son, who teaches English in Japan, orders from iHerb all the time and recommended Kyo-Dophilus 9 because it's one of the more potent probiotics and does not have to be refreigerated, plus his products always arrived really fast. My bottles arrived the next day (even though I hadn't asked for overnight delivery), and I took one capsule with each of 4 antibiotic capsules per day. I never got any of the annoying intestinal problems associated with killing off all the good bacteria in the gut.

Regular Finally

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This product works very well. I am finally regular for the first time in my life.

GREAT NON-LACTOSE ACIDOPHILUS!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I tried others but most contain lactose which this does not. My acid stomach kept me up at night, but since taking KD-9, I can sleep without pain and keeps bowel movement regular. I tried regular Kyo-Dophilus but this works much better.

Very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 07, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this product for some time and it really helps with digestion and daily bowel movement. Great price at iherb too.

Only product that has really made a difference for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have tried several probiotic formulas for the past four or five years, to address IBS-D symptoms, most likely related to food intolerances. I have felt noticeably better and more consistently, since I began taking this product about 3 weeks ago. This includes eating more of what I normally react to (especially dairy) during major holiday periods. I would highly recommend this product to anyone with similar symptoms. The fact that it does not need to be refrigerated is an added convenience. It is also reasonably priced. - Eric, Massachusetts

Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 17, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My son gets constipated all the time and this seems to help. I really like the fact that the capsule is small and he has no problems taking it. I would buy again.