Tastes good but scared of it's fructose content

Posted by honestreviews1 on Jun 19, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I bought this before reading about Agave's fructose content. In fact, I like that it's raw and organic, and best of all, the taste is divine. Then I read that it has a very high fructose content, which is responsible for the fat switch! Of course, fructose is present in lots of fruits, but then fruits have fibers and other goodies with it to balance the effect of fructose. Google fructose and its effect on health, and you'll know why I think a whole lot before consuming this. Bottomline, I'll avoid taking this for now as I do eat fruits and I would like to minimize my fructose intake that is not coming from fruits. If you find this review helpful, please click yes below and visit my page for more honest reviews.

Used to love this product but then discovered this wasn't true agave syrup ...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 23, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Won't say much except to say "do your research." This stuff as most agave syrup on the market is as high fructose corn syrup is to corn. Like I said, do your research.

This agave is dlicious and sweeter than others!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

If you're used to using another brand of agave, be a bit conservative with this raw amber agave. It's much sweeter than many of the other kinds of agave out there. It's also more delicious.

Great Substitute for Honey!

Posted by rabbit on Jun 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This agave nectar is very similar to honey in both flavor, color, and texture, although it's maybe not quite as thick as honey. It is great for vegans to use as a honey substitute or for diabetics because it is lower on the glycemic index than honey. I like using it on biscuits with vegan butter. You can even make caramel with it if you don't like using the traditionally used corn syrup. I use it to make vegan honey mustard - just mix 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise, 1/4 cup yellow mustard, and 1/4 cup agave nectar. (Recipe from: http://www.thevegansubstitute.com/vegan-honey-mustard-dressing) I also like using it in tea - especially green tea. Another great idea is to make a "honey butter" with it and use it on croissants and as a top basting for pot pies. This has so many uses and is supposedly better for your health than more traditional sweeteners.

Good raw organic Agave.

Posted by eiriha on Apr 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I like that it's raw organic. I use it as a multipurpose sweetener, and it shines in my home made chocolates, snacks and my family favorite chocolate spread. Good price too!

Good sweetener

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 30, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I havent tried the agave syrup in many ways, i am still a little inexperienced. But i have baked with it, and it tastes very good as a sugar substitute. Will keep trying it in different ways.

!

Posted by Strelka on Jul 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Garšīgs un veselīgs:)

Skanumėlis

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Teko ragauti ne vienos rūšies Agavos sirupo, visi turi savotišką skonio atspalvį, bet nepasitaikė nei vienas, kurį 'išbrokuočiau'. Kiek teko domėtis, būtent tamsus agavos sirupas yra vertingesnis, nes jis mažiau kartų perdirbtas/filtruotas, jo skonis intensyvesnis, išlieka daugiau vertingų medžiagų. Skanus. Pirktas per akciją, mokėta buvo tik 3 dol. :)

Good!

Posted by erikamarija on Aug 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It is good product but now I know that stevia is healthier than this product! Will order stevia in future!

Amaizing product!

Posted by opheart on Jul 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I like it in granola, natural yogurt, chocolate cover of cakes and many other hand-made products. It became an irreplaceable thing for me. Not so sweet like honey, few calories, can be warmed (not like honey). Very natural, very fresh, so amazing!