Pleasant and Safe Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Spry toothpaste is a pleasant-tasting toothpaste which uses the alternative sweetener Xylitol and peppermint for flavoring. Xylitol is a sugar made from the Birch tree. Xylitol has a low glycemic index of 7, which makes it have fewer calories than sucrose by 30%. Humans can digest Xylitol because of our complex digestive system, however simple micro-organisms such as fungus and bacteria cannot digest Xylitol. The bacterium and fungi will accept the Xylitol past it's membrane, because Xylitol resembles sugar. Once inside the bacterium, the Xylitol becomes lodged, and the Bacterium will die due to a lack of energy. The situation is similar to feeding a human Sweet N' Low; it tastes good however will not sustain life. Xylitol, used in Xclear toothpaste, will kill fungus and bacteria in the mouth and help to prevent tooth decay. Further Xylitol has been proven safe and has been used since the 1930's, being made from the bark of the Birch tree. Finally Xylitol does not affect probiotic organisms in the digestive system. In fact, it helps them by converting gram-negative bacteria to gram-positive, thinning down the wall of the bacteria and increasing effectiveness of the bacteria. Xclear Spry toothpaste is a win-win product.

Love this Toothpaste

Posted by BigNanc on Dec 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

It's the only toothpaste I'll use. I get cancer sores from using regular toothpaste because of the SLS.

Satisfy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 17, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I am happy with it. It seems to work better than those commercial toothpastes.

good for you

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 27, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is the best toothpaste I've tried period

Spry Toothpaste with Xylitol

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My teeth feel absolutely clean after brushing with this toothpaste just like how the other reviewers said. I recommend this product to everyone!

Mild Toothpaste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Effective but mild toothpaste. Great for those sensitive to other toothpaste brands.

DISAPPOINTED!! - INGREDIENTS HAVE CHANGED

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 09, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This used to be my favorite toothpaste. I've used it for years. Just recently they updated the packaging and the ingredients. WATER is now the FIRST INGREDIENT and I can definitely tell the difference. The package says "25% more Free" but what they don't say is that it's been watered down. I used to be able to brush with just a pea sized amount...now I use the full brush length and I literally run out of toothpaste when I'm brushing and need to add more...so basically I'm using four times as much as before the ingredient change to brush my teeth. My mouth, after brushing, also doesn't feel as fresh as I did with the old recipe. Extremely upset about the change!! Now I need to find a new toothpaste.

Feels... Friendly

Posted by Does-it-do on Mar 24, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I‘m glad it has stevia, instead of sugars. And the breath is good after brushing. Oh, it doesn‘t foam. So you won‘t look feel like chewing soap J And it tastes „friendly“. I don‘t know if you can say that, but it really feels that way – friendly.

great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is a really good toothpaste. Anything to stay away from the dentist.

Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This toothpaste suits me well as a replacement for flouride based toothpaste used previously.