pee problem

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Started using this product and loved it. I think I used about two or three teaspoons in large glass of water per day. After about one week, I noticed a need to pee but HARD to pee problem. I'm male, in EXCELLENT health, but started thinking possible pancreatic swelling whatever. Started doing research and quickly noticed that I was ALREADY taking many support supplements for the pancreas. SO, quickly deduced that possible xylitol complication as it was the only new product change in diet. Stopped using xylitol. And urination problem CLEARED UP within two days! Figured I must report this as someone else is gonna have the same little scare.

Sub standard

Posted by MikeMember on Sep 28, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I've tried several brands and this is by far the worst at iherb. It is a bit cheaper than others, but that is because it is damp! So you're just paying for added moisture. No savings there. Also, the zipper on the bag doesn't work! Basically Xylitol is Xylitol, so I will not buy this brand again. I prefer one which is free-flowing not soggy.

Didn't know this had been sourced from China

Posted by feistyveganconsumer on Dec 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I won't be buying this brand again. Even though it is bagged up in the USA it mentions something on the back of the bag about being sourced from China and the USA. Anything that comes from China is not worth trusting. They say that they check every batch for quality but my quality standards say China's standards are way, way below mine.

Unbelievable -- no after taste at all

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is just as good (probably better) than Splenda because it is actually good for you. And sweetens just like sugar with absolutely no aftertaste or bitter taste or anything.

My favorite sugar substitute

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 03, 2008 | Verified Purchase

My husband is diabetic, and I am so grateful for this product. It is also a sugar substitute that is actually good for you! Great for baking too!

love it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I love this stuff. It is good for keeping your blood sugar balanced and it is good for your teeth. I cook and bake with it just the way I would with regular sugar. I put it in my coffee. Stevia is very healthy also, but so strong and sickeningly sweet. This stuff is very similar to regular sugar.

Tastes like sugar, but causes upset stomach

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 26, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Tastes great - just like sugar (though hard to make something taste REALLY sweet with this), but I notice that my stomach is slightly upset after using it...

From CHINA never again!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 12, 2016 | Verified Purchase

From CHINA never again!

Good price..

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

We use Xylitol for my daughter's teeth. She had trauma to two teeth and developed some cavities very early. We add a little of this to her water and feel good that it keeps down the s. mutans numbers so we can keep her cavities from getting bigger. Paired with a remineralizing toothpaste, we have arrested the cavities and even reminieralized some areas.

Do not like.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I thought to give this a try, even though I knew better. It causes major stomach upset for me. I thought I would start slow like 1/2 tsp, but even this amount tore my stomach up. Will never purchase xylitol products again. I prefer truvia.