tastes great! Click YES if my review helped...

Posted by alloriginal on May 31, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I've tried to reduce or eliminate sugar from my diet, but I MUST have sugar in my morning coffee! I found all the various substitutes lacking, for one reason or another. Most of them just plain tasted awful. Xylitol, however, was an amazing find. It looks like sugar, tastes like sugar, has no bad aftertaste (in fact, leaves my mouth felling clean and fresh). This is low on the glycemic index, so it should be safe for diabetics. Xylitol rocks my world! Start slowly--one serving per day at first--as too much, too soon can have a laxative effect. Thank goodness for Iherb! I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

Xylitol is the greatest!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Super stuff. I use it every time I bake...never use regular sugar and nobody ever knows the difference! I share with friends who are diabetic. I am not and neither is my son, but we both prefer to avoid sugar whenever possible, and Xylitol is one of only three safe sweetners on the market, and is the best bargain of the three. I also use it with baking soda and sea salt as a toothpast.

terrible

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 10, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am returning my Xylitol. It didn't say anywhere on the pkg or add that this was not BIRCH xylitol. It gave me horrible stomach issues including diarria.

Best sweetening choice

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 04, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Helps prevent tooth decay. Not artificial. Seems to help retain bone density. May help with digestion buy controlling bacterial growth. Doesn't spike blood sugar. I find it to be sweeter than regular sugar, so I use about half as much. Only draw back is that it doesn't activate yeast in baking, but fine for all other baking. A bit pricy, but a 5 lb bag goes a pretty long way.

Xlear---XyloSweet

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Use the xylitol sweetener in my coffee. A little bit goes a long way. As a dentist I recommended xylitol to my patients in gum and as a sweetener. Will order the packets to take along to travel.

Review of Xlear Inc., XyloSweet

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This product is finer grain than the Xylitol sweetner from Now Foods. Much easier to use. Dissolves quicker and no aftertaste.

Godsend

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Yes, this will cost you a lot more $ than sugar or some other artificial sweetener, pound for pound. However, once you start using this every day in your cooking and baking, you will never look back. It is really quite amazing how much better one can feel by eliminating all sugars from the diet. This stuff got me through my sugar cravings plus some. It leaves the mouth with a very refreshing and unique "cooling effect." Highly recommended stuff!

how sweet it is...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 02, 2008 | Verified Purchase

i so missed my sugar in coffee till i discovered xylitol. it's the perfect substitute, taste and measures like sugar. the best part was the apple pie my wife made for me. after years of having to avoid desserts here was a way to bake and get the taste of sugar without the issues a diabetic has to consider.

Tastes Wonderful!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

We made our first batch of cookies with half Xylosweet and half sugar as the instructions say to start out half and half for the first few weeks, and the flavor was terrific!!!!! We really loved the taste!!!We couldn't tell the difference.. And the fact that it will help our teeth and all the other benefits Xylitol offers, makes it unbeatable!!!.Only wish it was more affordable!

A SPOONFUL OF PERFECT SWEETNESS

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 26, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Delicious and beneficial way to avoid sugar's calories and decay Best priced brand I've used so far. Behaves like sugar in food prep with the exception of its inability to caramelize