Good product but it is not Organic- Liver warning is over blown

Posted by NBPT10 on Aug 07, 2013 | Verified Purchase

First of all the liver warning on the back is just a CYA for the company. Kava root is very safe for moderate to infrequent use. The issues have arisen when the aerial parts of the plant are use or if large doses of the root are consumed daily for 8 or more weeks. Sure, if you have liver damage you may want to avoid it as you would alcohol and most NSAIDs. Herbal teas that are pre packaged and bagged like this are typically weaker and of lower quality than what you would get at an herb shop or purchased directly from a herb farm. So you need to keep this in perspective. I have found yogi teas to be of very good quality for the class they are in. My biggest disappointment with this tea is that it is not organic or wild harvested. Some of their teas are. I do like the taste and the convenience of a bag sometimes is nice. For a relaxation effect use 2 or 3 bags and steep covered for 15 minutes or longer. If you found this review helpful kindly visit my Iherb homepage for move value added reviews. Helpful votes are appreciated. Peace and good health.

love it love it love it love it love lt

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I call this tea the "mommy refief tea". I drink at least 4 cups of this tea to get through the day with my two boys (oh yea, their dad makes 3). During the day I make a small pot (4cups with one tea bag)and sip throughout the day. If I want to relax or fall asleep I make 2cups with one tea bag. Others may need more but it works.

Amazing sleep aid and muscle relaxer

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This tea is delicious, produces all over calming sensation, works fast and doesn't make me dopey or groggy in the morning. Sometimes I let my toddler take a couple sips to help her wind down and get to sleep, and it works wonderfully. Ask you pediatrician first!!! Mine said a few sips would be fine, but not more then 1/4 cup at most because this stuff is strong. DON'T DRIVE while using this. Letting the tea bag soak for a couple hours during the day and then drinking at night produces the strongest effect, but try the package directions for first time use. Normal brewing directions produces excellent results for my husband who is more sensitive to kava than I am. Best wishes!

Totally relaxes you!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 20, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This stuff is amazing, I use it instead of having a glass of wine.

Great tea

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 22, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I use this tea to relax before bed! It relaxes and calms you so nicely. I add alittle vanilla almond milk and it makes a delightful comfort tea

perfect harmony with sleep

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

really works, a very good taste but I add stevia because there is not enough in my opinion. You can take a spoonful of honey before bed is even better. this is the best natural relaxant that I know. If you use benzodiazepines, try it !

Good Tea. Trusted Brand. But doesnt taste all that great.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

good, but not strong enough for me, so I add a few spurts of kava from a tincture to stack the doses in the tea once its ready to drink. I dont like the taste, but I dont mind, since I know kava is hard to mask. they try with cinnamon and apple like flavours, but it still has a tree bark flavour to it. Oh well... I still think Ill be buying this tea for quite some time. I need something to take the edge off, since I no longer drink alchohol... and chamomile just don't cut it!

normalt

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Tea elskere av kanel, en utpreget smak, veldig eksotiske, godt å drikke i kaldt vær.

Always a fan...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 05, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have been drinking Yogi teas for more than 10 years now, love them. This one is my faves for after work if I am wound up, and at night if I have a hard time sleeping. I tell all my friends it's better than happy hour, lol!

Social skills and insomnia

Posted by optimalhealth on Mar 25, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Kava is good both for your social skills and insomnia. This isn't a high dose, but gives you a nice relaxing feeling. I think it tastes great, and I get in a really good mood when I drink it. I really like this tea.