New To iHerb?

21st Century Health Care, D-1000, D3, Extra Strength, 110 Tablets

Good

Posted by KurtJacobsen on Jun 25, 2013

The tablets are small and easy to swallow. I also like, that they put in extra 10% at no extra cost. I take mine in the morning, because vitamin D is also known to affect daytime/nighttime rhythm. I'm perfectly happy with it, and will purchase again when it runs low. Depending on where you live, you might want to take 1-4 tablets a day - see below. ======================================================================================================= In modern life with indoor work, most people rarely expose their skin to the sun. It is suggested, that 80% of americans (and probably the rest of the world as well) are deficient i vitamin D, with severe health damage. Most adults should supplement with at least 2000 IU per day at summertime, and at least 4000 IU at winter. ======================================================================================================= Click my name KurtJacobsen ▲ at the top of this review (blue text) to visit my profile and learn more, thanks! ======================================================================================================= iHerb.com has become my favorite place to shop supplements, and I'm not alone, because iHerb has been named #1 online supplement store by ConsumerLab.com the last 6 years in a row! I've been using them for quite some time, and there have never been any problems whatsoever. For customers from outside USA (like me) I recommend the delivery option "Global Priority Mail by DHL". It is incredibly cheap at just 4$, and I always receive the goods here in Denmark (4000 miles away) within 6-8 days. Please also note that chances are high that you will NOT pay any additional custom duties and taxes, when "Global Priority Mail by DHL" is used. ======================================================================================================= I spend a lot of time writing reviews, so if you found this one helpful, please let me know by clicking the “helpful”-button below the review. Also please click my name KurtJacobsen at the top of this review (blue text) to visit my profile and learn more, thanks!

Don't miss out while it is on SPECIAL

Posted by NBPT100 on Oct 28, 2013

Much has been written about the Benefits of Vitamin D3. Therefore I will not go very deep here. I will say most adults living in the North or those who don't spend much time outside need to supplement. Certain medications will lower you D levels as well. Vit D is a HORMONE and not a vitamin. Therefore you want just the right levels in your body. Not too much and not too little. This is critical to understand so I always tell people to have your doctor test for your levels every year. Don't go by the lab range alone and feel you are ok. Most labs have a lower limit that is too low. Most progressively thinking doctors agree that you should be between 50-100 ng/ml on a standard 25-OH Vitamin D test. By maintaining this level you will be helped in many areas of your overall health. i.e. Immunity, bone health, cognition and much more. This is a good product in general and great when iHerb has it on special and you can get it for free or for a $1. Don't miss out when it is on special. I don't know why they call it EXTRA strength when it is only 1,000mg. That is a low to average dose for most adults. Take you vitamin D with some fat for better absorption. A recent study showed it is best absorbed with your largest meal of the day. I don't use this product typically. There is another brand in a liquid form which I feel is better absorbed and a better overall deal. If you go to my iHerb web page by clicking on my blue handle above you will see my recommended vitamin D as well as many other value added reviews. If you found this helpful kindly click on the "YES" button. Peace and good health!

dangerous ingredient

Posted by 4694064749721744211 on Oct 16, 2013

There's magnesium stearate added to these tablets.Also,most brands have a NON GMO declaration on D vitamins but this one doesn't.I would recommend you to get D vitamins in gel caps since they don't have any fillers.Healthy Origins has NON GMO sign on their caps so I think I will try those next time.

21st Century Health Care, D-1000, D3, Extra Strength

Posted by Reviewer2100867 on Dec 19, 2013

This contains stearic acid, croscarmellose sodium, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate. Who on earth would take that for their health? Calcium should not be obtained from Calcium Carbonate, which is chalk. This type of calcium can block arteries. So do not buy this look for a better product which contains D3, K2 & if possible Magnesium. This was free so i did not purchase it & will be binned.

► A Cost-Effective Supplement For Many Great Health Benefits !

Posted by 3827GreenWood on Nov 13, 2013

If there's only one supplement you're taking for your health and your diet is decent, it should probably be Vitamin D. I highly recommend taking Vitamin D instead of a multivitamin most of the time. The standard supplement is Vitamin D3, otherwise known as cholecalciferol. Vitamin D3 tends to be better absorbed than other forms of Vitamin D. Vitamin D is an essential vitamin known as the sunlight vitamin, due to synthesis occurring in the skin from the sun's radiation. It has a multitude of benefits to the body including supporting bone structure, mood state, and is generally seen as healthy and anticancer. The RDA for vitamin D is currently set at 400-800IU/day, but this is likely too low for adults. The safe upper limit in the United States is currently defined as 2,000IU/day, and in Canada it's 4,000IU/day. However, research suggests that the true safe upper limit is 10,000IU/day. Supplemental vitamin D is implicated in wide-ranging benefits, such as increasing cognition, immune health, bone health, and well-being; reducing the risks of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and multiple sclerosis; and increasing testosterone levels in deficient populations. This product by 21st Century Health Care offers a cost-effective supplement for the benefits mentioned above. Taking everything into account, I highly recommend this high quality product. I hope you'll find my review helpful to you. I am a strong advocate on scientific medical research and evidence-based information, and constantly want to differentiate between marketing hyperbole and real world effects. If you like my review, please kindly click ‘Yes’. And also, please feel free to check out my page for more reviews by clicking my name 3827GreenWood at the top of this review. Best wishes and good health to everyone!