Did any of the ingredients trigger a bad bodily reaction?

Posted by InozarDeBenz on Apr 09, 2014

I have read on other places that people speak badly about Magnesium Stearate and Stearic Acid (two of the listed ingredients), claiming that the mentioned preservatives make a layer in the digestive system, which in turn inhibits the absorption of the active ingredients of a supplement. But since I have not felt bad when taking other supplements with the two mentioned additives, I have to blame my bad reaction on something else: Perhaps it is one of the four artificial colours in this product that I don't tolerate? Between words: Why on Earth does any product need as much as four different artificial colours? It was a rhetorical question because yes, I know the answer: They made that mix of artificial colours as they wanted the tablet to look 'nice'. Well, producers of health supplements should have understood a long time ago that people want health supplements to be as natural as possible without unnecessary additives in them; the more additives in a product, the more the chances are that the product becomes less healthy. Or perhaps I simply had a bad reaction to the active ingredient itself; could it be that the active ingredient is derived from the Marigold plant? (The bottle doesn't say so.) If it happens to be Marigold, I think I have the answer: Because I reacted badly on 'Doctor's Best' Lutein as well, which active ingredient is derived from the Marigold plant. I can't be generous with stars considering my personal experience with this product.

21st Century Lutein

Posted by Reviewer1848998 on Jun 29, 2009

I have been using this product for several years & find it very satisfactory.

works good

Posted by Reviewer2038929 on Jan 11, 2008

Bought for my mother and for my self. I don't know if they are really working well yet, but I do like this brand.

lutein

Posted by Reviewer1561469 on Feb 20, 2009

hard to tell what is going on in one's eyes, but these were recommended to me!

lutein

Posted by Reviewer2445419 on Sep 15, 2014

really works so well

Lutein tablets

Posted by 5751074861091855116 on Feb 18, 2016

Very good for eye health for the elderly

21st Century Health Care, Lutein, 10 mg. 60 Tabs

Posted by Reviewer2407011 on Aug 16, 2010

Product arrived in a timely manner. This product is one of a few that is the dosage we require AND reasonably priced. Especially appreciated the free shipping.

excellent

Posted by 5149000749754175426 on Oct 11, 2013

excellent

Lutein

Posted by Reviewer1905722 on Mar 27, 2011

I am plleased with the Lutein I bought as it is considerably cheaper than the ones I can buy in the drug store and I feel better because I am doing what I can to save my sight and prevent early onset of Macular Degeneration.

Lutein

Posted by Reviewer2484511 on Oct 02, 2009

Only just started using the product and will continue to purchase from this vendor...service was excellent, shipping was fast. One small quibble: use smaller bottles! I don't need a handful of cotton each time!

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »