red rice yeast

Posted by Reviewer2248710 on Aug 28, 2008

I picked this brand because consumerlab.com found it to be one that wasn't contaminated with citramin, a naturally occurring toxin (and bad for you!) that was in some other brands. And I can personally testify to red rice yeast lowering my genetically high cholesterol when even a really great diet couldn't. This brand also (according to consumer lab) had a consistent level of statins -- twice as much as my other (contaminated brand) had. The product came promptly. Thanks! Laura

Ten to fifteen points

Posted by Reviewer2902067 on Jul 01, 2010

This product lowered my cholesterol 10-15 points

21st Century Red Yeast Rice Extract

Posted by Reviewer1910315 on Mar 27, 2009

My doctor recommended the use of Red Yeast Rice to lower my Cholesterol. 21st Century was the first brand that I used. The next time I had my cholesterol checked, my level was in the healthy range. I've tried other brands, but every time I do, I have unstisfactory results. I am sticking to 21st Century.

I love this product

Posted by Reviewer3103060 on Apr 23, 2009

Not only does it not contain animal products but it really works.

It's Going Down!

Posted by Reviewer1583794 on Apr 25, 2009

Red Yeast Rice helped me lower my cholestrol significantly. 21 century brand is the lowest price on iherb.com.

It Works!

Posted by Reviewer2307474 on Feb 09, 2010

This is a low level statin (much lower than the prescription drugs) which works. My wife had high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. After taking this supplement for 3 months she had her blood retested. The following are the results: Before - Chol = 270, Trig = 329, HDL = 54, LDL = 150 After - Chol = 159, Trig = 158, HDL = 46, LDL = 82 With her high levels, this pill and some diet changes is almost a requirement for life.

21st Century Health Care, Red Yeast Rice Extract

Posted by Reviewer2306876 on Jul 13, 2009

Great product. It will lower cholesterol and seems to be of good quality.

Good supplement, good price, good service

Posted by Reviewer1959651 on Sep 08, 2010

A few years ago our physician recommended red yeast rice supplements to lower my wife's cholesterol. We found it to be a very expensive product at our local stores and there were many brands. The nutrition center assistant suggested 21st Century, because the dosage needed required only 2 pills a day while with other brands it was 4 to 6. The supplement worked as the doctor had hoped and her levels were in the desired zone on the next 3 month checkup. A Google search took us to many suppliers, prices and brands. We tried others suppliers and was satisfied with the cost but not the shipping. It was slow. We tried iHerb. Their price was better than most, the product quantity qualified for free shipping and was in our mailbox 3 days after ordering. We have ordered from iHerb a few times now. The quick service we have gotten is nice.

A strong product

Posted by Reviewer1484591 on Sep 09, 2010

I read other reviews on this red yeast rice and it seems to be a great product. It must be very potent because I can't take it - I get the same side effects from this one that I get from prescription statins. Maybe I'll try half doses.

21st Century Health Care, Red yeast Rice Extract

Posted by Reviewer2315646 on Oct 10, 2008

We were glad to find the extract available. My husband has just begun to use this formula so we cannot rate it at this time. We like the idea of pharmaceutical grade on this product.