21st Century Red Yeast Rice

Posted by Reviewer1288779 on Sep 04, 2008

Good product, highly recommended, online Mayo Clinic study

did not work

Posted by Reviewer3042578 on Dec 23, 2010

I chose these because of the review on consumer lab. I have used red rice yeast (another brand)before for my cholesterol, and it worked beautifully--just like a presecribed statin. This time, despite 2 tablets twice a day, there has been no change in my cholesterol levels after over 3 months of taking these--I still have an LDL of 173 and a total cholesterol of 276. A total waste of time and money.

21st Century Health Care, Red yeast Rice Extract

Posted by Reviewer2315646 on Oct 10, 2008

We were glad to find the extract available. My husband has just begun to use this formula so we cannot rate it at this time. We like the idea of pharmaceutical grade on this product.

Good quality

Posted by Reviewer2186886 on May 07, 2011

I have been taking red yeast rice for a couple years and it has help to reduce my total cholestrol significantly. I alternate using a brand sold by my naturopath and 21 century and have seen no drop in effectiveness with this substitution. The only down side is that 21 st century does not contain CoQ10 which is depleted by any type of statin type med, so I take an additonal co Q10 supplement.

Red Yeast Rice

Posted by Reviewer1120097 on Nov 19, 2008

Too new to give a report. Recommended by doctor. I am concerned about statines in this supplement and may look at other options.

So far so good.

Posted by Reviewer1430302 on Jun 08, 2016

I have tried different brands and decided to try this one since it was economical. Thus far, seems to be ok. Check up with Doc for heart indicates BP is very good. Visit in May brought a BP of 128/ 76. Nice! High BP runs in my family and I did not wish to take RX and Doc worked me. Let's hope this one keeps me at the good mark. Will find out next year at annual review. Thanks!

Did not helped

Posted by Reviewer2923231 on Jul 02, 2012

Unfortunately this did not helped me. I checked my cholesterol level before start to use it and after using whole bottle. And after it was the same level than before.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »