Did not helped

Posted by Reviewer2923231 on Jul 02, 2012

Unfortunately this did not helped me. I checked my cholesterol level before start to use it and after using whole bottle. And after it was the same level than before.

Good quality

Posted by Reviewer2186886 on May 07, 2011

I have been taking red yeast rice for a couple years and it has help to reduce my total cholestrol significantly. I alternate using a brand sold by my naturopath and 21 century and have seen no drop in effectiveness with this substitution. The only down side is that 21 st century does not contain CoQ10 which is depleted by any type of statin type med, so I take an additonal co Q10 supplement.

did not work

Posted by Reviewer3042578 on Dec 23, 2010

I chose these because of the review on consumer lab. I have used red rice yeast (another brand)before for my cholesterol, and it worked beautifully--just like a presecribed statin. This time, despite 2 tablets twice a day, there has been no change in my cholesterol levels after over 3 months of taking these--I still have an LDL of 173 and a total cholesterol of 276. A total waste of time and money.

A strong product

Posted by Reviewer1484591 on Sep 09, 2010

I read other reviews on this red yeast rice and it seems to be a great product. It must be very potent because I can't take it - I get the same side effects from this one that I get from prescription statins. Maybe I'll try half doses.

Good supplement, good price, good service

Posted by Reviewer1959651 on Sep 08, 2010

A few years ago our physician recommended red yeast rice supplements to lower my wife's cholesterol. We found it to be a very expensive product at our local stores and there were many brands. The nutrition center assistant suggested 21st Century, because the dosage needed required only 2 pills a day while with other brands it was 4 to 6. The supplement worked as the doctor had hoped and her levels were in the desired zone on the next 3 month checkup. A Google search took us to many suppliers, prices and brands. We tried others suppliers and was satisfied with the cost but not the shipping. It was slow. We tried iHerb. Their price was better than most, the product quantity qualified for free shipping and was in our mailbox 3 days after ordering. We have ordered from iHerb a few times now. The quick service we have gotten is nice.

Ten to fifteen points

Posted by Reviewer2902067 on Jul 01, 2010

This product lowered my cholesterol 10-15 points

It Works!

Posted by Reviewer2307474 on Feb 09, 2010

This is a low level statin (much lower than the prescription drugs) which works. My wife had high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. After taking this supplement for 3 months she had her blood retested. The following are the results: Before - Chol = 270, Trig = 329, HDL = 54, LDL = 150 After - Chol = 159, Trig = 158, HDL = 46, LDL = 82 With her high levels, this pill and some diet changes is almost a requirement for life.

Efficacy of RYR in controlling cholesterol

Posted by Reviewer1239885 on Dec 12, 2009

I was amazed by the DRAMATIC decline in my cholesterol over a 6 week period - 310 to 249. Moreover the decline was largely in the LDL component Thanks to my primary care physician who is open to non RX approaches.

21st Century Health Care, Red Yeast Rice Extract

Posted by Reviewer2306876 on Jul 13, 2009

Great product. It will lower cholesterol and seems to be of good quality.

It's Going Down!

Posted by Reviewer1583794 on Apr 25, 2009

Red Yeast Rice helped me lower my cholestrol significantly. 21 century brand is the lowest price on iherb.com.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »