AOI Tea Company, Matcha Harmony, 1 oz (30 g) (Discontinued Item)

Great matcha for the inexperienced

Posted by Donica on Apr 22, 2014

I won't pretend to be a matcha tea connoisseur. I decided to purchase this matcha tea because it was on sale for a good price, and I really wanted to try matcha without fillers. Prior to this purchase I bought a different brand from iherb, but it contained brown rice filler and very little matcha. I also did not like the taste or effects of that one. This matcha is as I have found it described on the Internet--vibrant green color, have to work a little to blend it, foam on top when blended. I blend half a teaspoon with about two ounces of room temperature water in my Blender bottle and sip it out of a mug. Delicious taste. I love it. The caffeine is well-balanced with the theanine, and I do not experience a buzz or a crash. It leaves me relaxed, calm, and happy. In fact, I can tell when I have not had it because I tend to be less calm and get annoyed/irritated faster. Overall, I like it a lot and I can see the health benefits working for me.

decent for the price

Posted by 101010011 on Apr 16, 2014

your archetypal, entry level grade, organic matcha from japan. comes in a metal canister which is sealed at the top. just pop the tab, and peel back the aluminum lid, as if it were an inexpensive jar of nuts. the color of the matcha was actually much brighter and vibrant than 95% of the matchas sold on this site. as for flavor, i would say its definitely on the bland side, lacking sweetness and balance, but had a decent amount of umami considering the price point. this would work well for people who like to mix matcha into beverages or for use as a culinary enhancer. its also inexpensive to the point where you could drink it everyday without breaking the piggy bank. matcha is great for the skin when applied externally. take like a tablespoon of powder and filtered water, and slowly drop in your water from a dropper, until you get a smooth paste. apply, let dry, like 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse off. also works as a natural sunscreen if you want to place a fair amount in a lotion bottle. just beware that it will change the color of your skin

Great in smoothies

Posted by Umbridge on Dec 30, 2013

I have only used this in smoothies, and haven't drank it on its own, but I love the creamy texture and flavour this gives to them. Plus the energy boost is great as well. It's a small package, but you don't need much and I think it will last a while.

I like this a lot and so easy to make.

Posted by Mangoes on Jun 07, 2014

Nice change and feels like I want to eat healthy again.