10% Off Orders Over $40!

Abkit, Kira, St. John's Wort, 45 Tablets (Discontinued Item)

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer3295214 on Jun 08, 2010

It took some trial and error to find the right dose but it was worth the effort. While most take 2-3 pills a day I found that taking only a 1/2 tablet every other day is what fits my system. I have been taking it at this dose for about 9 months now and find I sleep better, am less anxious, can think more clearly and am less depressed. Higher doses had side effects like insomnia and increased anxiety, if you get either of these problems try lowering the dosage amount or increasing the time between doses before just giving up. I tried other brands and found them to be quite different in effect. For example, one left me very sensitive to bright light while this one doesn't have that effect at all. If you tried brand x and it didn't work, don't lose hope, just try a different brand.

Highly recommended brand

Posted by Reviewer1414911 on Nov 01, 2010

Dr. Norman Rosenthal, a research psychiatrist at the National Institute of Mental Health recommends Kira St. John's Wort, so I totally trust this brand. However, having said that, I stopped using it because it caused an unwanted side effect(sexual dysfunction). I am very sensitive to SSRI's, and apparently the active ingredient in St. John's Wort elevated my serotonin levels to the point of anorgasmia. I've already been through that with an SSRI, and I don't need a repeat performance. I've switched to a combination of Rhodiola Rosea and Holy Basil, and I have had wonderful results. For those who don't have this unpleasant side effect with St. John's Wort, then this would be the brand to trust.

This stuff is awesome.

Posted by Reviewer2834793 on Mar 09, 2010

I've struggled with depression for almost 10 years, and this is what I've been looking for. Anti-depressants did next to nothing (and sometimes made things worse), and when I wasn't on anything, I was pretty much suicidal. I never believed in herbal medicine before, but this is legit.

The best St. John's Wort I've used

Posted by Reviewer2253579 on Aug 01, 2007

I've used many brands of St. John's Wort, including Perika, and Kira has been the most effective for me. It is strong and consistent. After taking Kira for the first time, I gave Perika a shot for a month, and it didn't seem to deliver the same calm that Kira did. So I switched back and again was calm. I recommend that you try several brands to see what works for you, but this works the best for me :-)

It works for me!

Posted by Reviewer2307813 on Nov 03, 2008

I have been using Kira for over 15 years and it works for me. Prior to using Kira, I was angry and depressed most of the time and nothing as going my way. After using Kira, I have become much more mellow to the point that everyone I know have said that I have changed for the better.