Excellent

Posted by Reviewer3295214 on Jun 08, 2010

It took some trial and error to find the right dose but it was worth the effort. While most take 2-3 pills a day I found that taking only a 1/2 tablet every other day is what fits my system. I have been taking it at this dose for about 9 months now and find I sleep better, am less anxious, can think more clearly and am less depressed. Higher doses had side effects like insomnia and increased anxiety, if you get either of these problems try lowering the dosage amount or increasing the time between doses before just giving up. I tried other brands and found them to be quite different in effect. For example, one left me very sensitive to bright light while this one doesn't have that effect at all. If you tried brand x and it didn't work, don't lose hope, just try a different brand.

Highly recommended brand

Posted by Reviewer1414911 on Nov 01, 2010

Dr. Norman Rosenthal, a research psychiatrist at the National Institute of Mental Health recommends Kira St. John's Wort, so I totally trust this brand. However, having said that, I stopped using it because it caused an unwanted side effect(sexual dysfunction). I am very sensitive to SSRI's, and apparently the active ingredient in St. John's Wort elevated my serotonin levels to the point of anorgasmia. I've already been through that with an SSRI, and I don't need a repeat performance. I've switched to a combination of Rhodiola Rosea and Holy Basil, and I have had wonderful results. For those who don't have this unpleasant side effect with St. John's Wort, then this would be the brand to trust.

This stuff is awesome.

Posted by Reviewer2834793 on Mar 09, 2010

I've struggled with depression for almost 10 years, and this is what I've been looking for. Anti-depressants did next to nothing (and sometimes made things worse), and when I wasn't on anything, I was pretty much suicidal. I never believed in herbal medicine before, but this is legit.

The best St. John's Wort I've used

Posted by Reviewer2253579 on Aug 01, 2007

I've used many brands of St. John's Wort, including Perika, and Kira has been the most effective for me. It is strong and consistent. After taking Kira for the first time, I gave Perika a shot for a month, and it didn't seem to deliver the same calm that Kira did. So I switched back and again was calm. I recommend that you try several brands to see what works for you, but this works the best for me :-)

It works for me!

Posted by Reviewer2307813 on Nov 03, 2008

I have been using Kira for over 15 years and it works for me. Prior to using Kira, I was angry and depressed most of the time and nothing as going my way. After using Kira, I have become much more mellow to the point that everyone I know have said that I have changed for the better.

Amazing!

Posted by Reviewer1381650 on Mar 19, 2010

Works really well for depression and anxiety. I have a severe anxiety disorder which caused moderate depression and panic attacks. 2 weeks after starting Kira I can say that my anxiety and depression has been reduced by about 70-80%. I am feeling good about myself and life in general. This product is amazing and works extremely well. I am so happy to have found it.

Great for PMS and overall mood elevation

Posted by Reviewer2052860 on Nov 26, 2008

I've been taken this for months and found it to be more calming than the Perika brand SJW. PMS is now minimal, I'm more sociable, and have more energy. I only take 300mg/day and this is plenty for me. Supposedly the fish oil I take helps mood elevating substances to work better. Take over 1000mg/day EPA in fish oil if you want additional mood support.

Noticed a difference!

Posted by Reviewer2834620 on Jun 17, 2010

I've had depression for almost 17 years. Tried Paxil once and hated how it made me feel. I read the great reviews about Abkit and decided to give it a try. My combo is 2 in the morning and one at night + New Chapter's Holy Basil 1 pill 2-3 times per day. After about 3 weeks I can honestly say things feel better. I forgot what feeling normal is like.

It really works

Posted by Reviewer1053616 on Apr 27, 2009

In Germany, where Kira comes from, St. John's Wort requires a prescription. Luckily that isn't so on this side of the Atlantic. I've tried various brands of this herb, and Kira seems to be the most effective for me.

Valuable product being discontinued - please help

Posted by Reviewer2435245 on Jul 30, 2013

I, like many others, have found Kira St. John's Wort to be the most effective brand in helping to treat my depression. I was dismayed when I received an email from iHerb today informing me that the product was being discontinued by the manufacturer. I would like to encourage everyone who has benefited from this product to contact the manufacturer and urge them to reconsider. The website is www.enzymatictherapy.com, search for 'Kira St. John's Wort' and either send an email or contact them directly at 800.783.2286. Thank you for your advocacy.