Long-Time HAPPY User - Just wish it were 100% natural

Posted by CharlotteJernigan on Jun 30, 2009

POSITIVES: I gave this the highest rating because of the great results for a great price. It has several natural extracts in addition to the calendula itself. I have been using this cream exclusively as my face cream for 3-4 years, maybe more. Its hard to find in stores and I am so glad iherb is carrying it. I am in my early 50's and I find it to be moist enough for aging skin and yet it never clogs pores or causes break-outs. Price for value is excellent. They make clear that it has no PABA or petroleum in gredients. I use the iherb review system a lot myself and feel it is important for other shoppers to see a good product "sort" to the top of its category based on customer ratings...even if there are flaws that each buyer must take into consideration.. DRAWBACKS: I wish the remaining "chem-lab" ingredients were better explained and justified. Even better would be a reformulation to avoid all controversial ingredients.

new perfume is icky

Posted by Reviewer1808068 on Apr 16, 2008

I loved this calendula cream, but the latest version seems to have a new perfume that makes it unusable - it burns my skin. The opposite of the intended effect. Beware.

Only used this once on an allergic rash

Posted by Reviewer1930069 on Feb 05, 2010

and instantly reacted negatively to it -- terrible itching occurred (instead of relief of itchy I desired!). Hoping it was just a freak accident. Will try again for sunburn, etc.

Pleasantly surprised !

Posted by Reviewer2623876 on Mar 16, 2010

I used this cream about 5 years ago, the cream was great but I really didn't like the scent of it. Because my face has gotten so dry ( due to hormone changes)I decided that I really needed the benefits of the cream but would just have to "deal" with the scent. What a PLEASANT surprise I received when I applied the cream, IT SMELLS WONDERFUL NOW, and the quality of the cream is just as I remembered it! My face has returned back to it's original softness without any breakouts! Thanks for keeping your prices lower than other companies and for your prompt delivery of the product too!

Very soothing and nice scent

Posted by Reviewer1459440 on Nov 18, 2007

Using this for a rash and found it not only helped my rash but healed my skin like new.

Loaded with toxic chemicals!

Posted by PurplePegasus on May 09, 2008

Beware of this product: read the unpronounceable ingredients, it is loaded with toxic chemicals. NOT a natural product at all!

THE best!!

Posted by Reviewer2059766 on Dec 29, 2009

I prefer this to my prescription dermatitis cream. It helps the itching and rash just as well and leaves me smelling amazing!

Nature Works Calendula Cream

Posted by Reviewer3198943 on Jan 05, 2010

I found this cream is very good for dry skin. I use it on my face as a night cream and under makeup.

For my son

Posted by Reviewer1705781 on Dec 16, 2007

This cream is for my son whose skin is dry and sensitive. It is creamy and has a pleasant smell. He's been using it for less than a week. He still looks a bit red. But at least it doesn't make him feel itchy right after application. However, I may come back for an update later.

Calendula Cream

Posted by Reviewer2580447 on Oct 11, 2007

This is a great itch reliever that is natural and a good alternative to cortisone based creams. Quite preferable to any conventional drug store available products - truly an excellent product.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »