A lower cost iron elixir

Posted by Reviewer2079827 on May 10, 2008

I have been taking liquid iron supplements off and on for some time to correct a low hematocrit. I recently switched over to Abkit's formula from another European iron elixir due to price. Abkit has similar ingredients and is much cheaper. Be warned however: the recommended dosage is lower than some other supplements. Following the instructions on the bottle gives you only 88% of the daily value of iron, while that other brand I mentioned will give you 112% It still works out to be cheaper, though.

NatureWorks Herbal Iron

Posted by Reviewer2752248 on Apr 08, 2008

This is a fabulous product. When I ordered Herbal Iron my hemoglobin count was 9.8 (when pregnant, very anemic). By combining Herbal Iron with vitamin C and 100 mg of chlorophyllins (liquid chlorophyll) twice a day, I raised my hemoglobin count to 12.5 in four weeks (feeling much better). Symptoms before: lack of oxygen to the brain and muscle tissues caused inability to concentrate, muscle weakness, emotional irritability. Symptoms after: restored oxygen, able to work harder during the day, thinking more clearly, feeling better all around.

Great for bringing up Iron levels from Anemia

Posted by Reviewer2321253 on Apr 04, 2011

Two of my kids tested several times with low iron in their blood. Both were low since infants and are now 6 & 8 yrs old. I tired vitamins with iron to no avail. I used 1 teaspoon most days at dinnertime in a glass of orange juice and it worked ( vitamin C helps iron absorption). Their blood levels of iron are now normal. Please note: I used half of the recommended dose and it still worked. They didn't mind the taste, it doesn't upset their stomach or cause constipation for them. It's a bit expensive but it lasts a long time.

Gale Simpson

Posted by Reviewer1061083 on Nov 19, 2007

The best form when taking Iron...It goes right to work. Love it

herbal iron

Posted by Reviewer2734953 on Jun 21, 2008

Great product!!!! After several years of low energy, this product has given me my energy back! So much so that my husband even noticed a change....HE makes sure I never run out. Worth every penny!

Life saver

Posted by Reviewer1912130 on Jan 20, 2011

After battling anemia for years with diet, iron skillets, and gut-wrenching iron pills, a friend bought NatureWorks Herbal Iron for me. Within two weeks after taking it, I felt alive again. I got much of my energy back. The iron used in this formula is Iron Lactate, which comes from milk so my body was able to absorb much more iron than from a plant-based or laboratory created supplement. I recommend this product or Floradix for iron-deficient anemia.

So far so good with the taste

Posted by Reviewer2458481 on May 14, 2008

I have iron deficiency anemia so I will see if this stuff helps it or not. But it does taste pretty good which I did not expect and per dosage on package it does not irritate my stomach at all, nor does it cause constipation like other iron tablets which have many bad side effects! I strongly recommend this product over conventional iron tabs! But I will report back when I re-order if it gets my iron count up.

Helped with the anaemic symptoms

Posted by Reviewer1752018 on Jan 15, 2012

I had experienced low energy, dizziness, fatigue that seemed to have caused by anaemia, and this product was very helpful - I almost felt better even before finishing half of the bottle. I see that they have tried hard to disguise the funny taste - it still tastes and smells metallic underneath the fruity flavor.

not fruity flavored-but helpful

Posted by Reviewer2699500 on Aug 07, 2010

I have issues with being anemic and this has def helped the shaky feeling I get sometimes I feel less light headed, have not have much problems with being constipated but the taste is aweful at least to me. Not fruity flavored at all though.

Not for kids

Posted by Reviewer1022706 on Jan 26, 2010

Im sure its a good iron-multivitamins but i got this for my 2 kids which needed iron supplements. They hate the taste, and would cry if i force them to take it. Even i cant take the smell or the taste!

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »