Way way way too much mint

Posted by shopzilla on Dec 20, 2015

I'll never know if this could have done anything good for my skin. As soon as I started rubbing it (gently, mind you) around my face, the mint in it started to burn my skin. I tried to bear it but within seconds, I really had to wash it off as the hot yet cold sensation from the mint became unbearable. My face and finger tips continued to tingle almost painfully for about 20 minutes after washing it all off. I bought 5 Abra products and have found each one of them either unusable, detrimental or just plain blah. I'm beginning to think the people who formulate these products, have no clue what they're doing!!

awful

Posted by 5580372158621393478 on Jul 04, 2015

The new formula is very different,smells awful and spoiled very quickly.Very dissapointed!

Great as body scrub

Posted by Penelope11 on May 31, 2014

For some reason I got confused and ordered this believing it was a body scrub. And I only used it as body scrub. It was a nice pick-me-up in the mornings, it left my skin soft and not dried out, so I may even order it again and use it as a body scrub again.

Too strong for my non sensitive skin.

Posted by 4612341130253798653 on Feb 19, 2014

I had such high hopes for this product but I found it way too strong for my face. There is too much peppermint oil in it! It stings your face and when you wash it off in a panic the stingy feeling sticks around for a while. I actually considered camomile lotion to try and sooth my skin. And I don't have sensitive skin at all. On the other hand, the scrub beads and oats in the scrub do a great job at exfoliating and smoothing your skin. I love that it is natural but too much peppermint oil!

Good stuff

Posted by Darlynn on Dec 17, 2013

This is a beautifully scented scrub with tiny grains for refining the texture of your skin. My skin is like silk after using it and I think it may be clearing it up from blocked pores. It's a stone color a little darker than oatmeal color. Love it and will buy it again.

Surprisingly Pleasant

Posted by SunlitPixie on Jul 11, 2013

I was wondering whether the peppermint would be too much. However I was delighted to find it was refreshing, cooling (obviously with the peppermint) and the best thing is that it works! My pores are less visible and I have only used this a few times. I wont give it all the credit as I am using other products together, but this is definitely one scrub I would recommend. I have sensitive skin and I did not experience any breakouts or rashes using this.

Good Product

Posted by CindyW on Jun 25, 2013

I wish it were a little more rough, but it does work. My face feels smooth after washing it off.

great stuff

Posted by ledenec on May 02, 2013

My skin becomes clean and fresh after using this scrub!!!

packs a punch

Posted by Reviewer3027485 on Oct 24, 2012

I use this as a face mask and NOT as a scrub, this is why: This is a reformulated and repackaged newer version of the 'peppermint and oats' scrub. Initially I was disappointed because it was a cheaper harsher product compared to the older formula. The older formula contained 'jojoba beads' which are a gentle physical exfoliant this is an expensive ingredient and has be replaced with cheaper walnut shell pieces (its a waste product of the walnut industry). If you have sensitive skin this makes a huge difference, under the microscope the walnut shell pieces are jagged and sharp and will create micro scaring if used to often or too aggressively; jojoba beads on the other hand are smooth and don't cut the skin. However all this said the peppermint content of the new formulation is much higher which makes if feel really refreshing and uplifting, almost to the point of making your eyes water. So again not for those who have sensitive skin. The white clay is great for cleaning out oily pores or drawing out pollution from the skin.

I love this

Posted by 5310989502505036583 on Aug 20, 2012

It makes my skin so soft. Gentle enough to use everyday, it makes my skin glow.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »