Pure handcrafted, unrefined, and unscented shea butter. One of the best on iHerb.

Posted by Caerulea on May 10, 2014

Unlike many other shea butters, this one is 100% pure, raw, unrefined, handcrafted, and unscented, doesn't contain any additives or preservatives, such as vitamin E, which may be genetically modified, has a pleasant nutty aroma and a soft and creamy non-grainy texture, making it very easy to scoop up a dollop, rub it between the fingers to melt it a bit (and it melts perfectly thanks to its non-grainy texture), and apply it to the skin. Shea butter is one of the most amazing natural skincare and haircare products known to man. It's renowned for its exceptional moisturizing, nourishing, protective, soothing, healing, anti-inflammatory, regenerative, rejuvenating properties, as well as being a powerful antioxidant rich in vitamins A, E, and catechins, preventing premature aging. It absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy residue, deeply moisturizes and nourishes the skin, improves its elasticity, making its soft, smooth, and supple, prevents dryness and dehydration, evens out the skin tone, improves the complexion, calms itching, reduces irritation and inflammation, facilitates healing, fights acne, blemishes, rashes, eczema, dermatitis, prevents and reduces stretch marks and scars, relieves pain caused by sunburn and peeling skin, heals sore and chapped lips, small wounds, cuts, burns, smoothes out fine lines and wrinkles, restores luster to dull and lifeless hair, acts as a natural sunscreen. I've been using this shea butter for a few weeks, but the results speak for themselves: my complexion has improved, some stretch marks, small scars, and even fine lines have faded, my skin has become softer and smoother and has a healthy glow, my lips are no longer dry, chapped, and sore, the skin on my elbows and feet is softer and smoother than ever, my hair is shiny, I don't have any split ends, my scalp is healthier, no more flakes and itchiness (I make a hair mask with shea butter). So glad I discovered this amazing unrefined shea butter and would recommend it to anyone wanting to improve the overall condition of their skin or hair.

Good product.

Posted by 4900562707918734284 on Dec 23, 2014

I received it today. The package is different but all the information on it is as described. It's winter and the butter is like a block. It has a mild smell of plant-oil since it's unrefined. I prefer the butter unrefined because I've read that it has a higher quality. I use a spoon and rub the butter between my fingers to warm it and then use it. I bought it to prepare a daily deodorant as follows: rub some butter between your fingers and apply on the underarm. Then apply a small amount of baking soda on top of the butter. That's my method of making a home-made deodorant for few months now. Works better than any deodorant I've tried before. This combination doesn't contain all the ingredients that you want to avoid, such as Parabens etc.

Lovely and pure

Posted by Reviewer1625550 on Oct 15, 2014

Exactly what I was after. Plain, simple, multipurpose. I mix this with argan oil for an amazing moisturiser.

Shea Butter

Posted by cookiesreviews on Nov 02, 2012

It has a mild scent. A little goes a long way. Rub it between your fingers or palms so it melts first.

great!

Posted by 5407645820752226664 on Nov 19, 2013

exactly as described

Alaffia shea butter

Posted by 5427475777302108896 on Sep 16, 2015

Excellent product! All natural, raw and unrefined! Love the pleasant natural oily scent!

LOVE this!

Posted by 4869404348033768349 on Dec 02, 2015

Ordered this on my husbands account in order to make natural deodorant. Now I love it so much I don't want to use it for the deodorant. It's an amazing face/eye cream lip balm, hair conditioner...I could go on. I will be buying more without a doubt.

Used it to make own lotion

Posted by 5204196752948176147 on May 02, 2016

Great base for DIY lotions.

Alaffia, Shea Butter quality

Posted by 5225255359880538163 on Apr 07, 2016

I can see that it is good quality Shea Butter. It is quite a big tub and it has good texture, but sadly the one I received smells like rancid vegetable oil. I wonder if it is supposed to smell like that. I have used 100% Shea Butter before( not ALaffia ) and they never gave off a strong stale smell.