10% Off Orders Over $40!

Alaffia, Neem & Shea Butter Scalp Recovery Shampoo, 8.0 fl oz (235 ml)

4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews
Reviews 2-star

Ok.

Posted by Reviewer1310579 on Oct 11, 2012

I really want to support this company because of their women's rights initiatives, so I purchased several products at once. This one is only ok. I have a dry, flaky scalp that flares now and then (and yes, I've seen a derm and had everything ruled out--at this point I'm convinced it's just my body chemistry) and this was in a long line of shampoos I've tried to find one that won't exacerbate it. It smells nicely herbal, does NOT strip your hair oils (which is a mixed blessing if you're trying to wash less frequently and need something to budge the build-up in between), but didn't do anything for my scalp. Despite the lack of buildup-busting power, it still left my ends a bit dryer than the other shampoo I was using (Alba Honeydew) before conditioning.