Alaffia, Daily Toning Face Cream, Melon & Shea Butter, 2.3 oz (68 ml) (Discontinued Item)

really great, light to moderate moisturizer.

Posted by 4760162349444216937 on Apr 24, 2014

I usually use Alaffia's Neem and Shea Skin Recovery cream, but wanted to try something lighter for days when I don't need as extreme a moisturizer. This one fits the bill - it's more of a lotion than a heavy cream, glides on easily, soaks in quickly and doesn't leave a shiny, greasy layer on the face. It wears well under makeup and keeps my skin noticeably soft and hydrated all day or night. I've noticed an improvement in fine and dehydration lines around my eyes and on my neck and forehead since making my two Alaffia creams a regular part of my skin care routine. My only qualm with this cream is that I still need to put a layer of high linoleic oil underneath, since this cream is higher in oleic acid, and too much of that tends to make my very acne prone skin break out. It's not a huge problem, and probably wouldn't be an issue at all for many people, but I'd rather see Alaffia make a cream with just shea and melon seed oil or something so I could use it alone - the extra oil I have to add makes this less lightweight than I would like.

Alaffia Daily Toning Face Cream, Melon & Shea butter

Posted by Reviewer1256939 on Feb 17, 2015

This is a lovely cream, but is a little thin, so it will be used up very quickly. It smells nice too. Not a strong smell, but very subtle.