Alter Eco, Organic Chocolate, Dark Blackout, 2.82 oz (80 g)

Reviews 5-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

Rich, Dark Chocolate; For the Connoisseur

Posted by wholefoods From Korea, Republic of on Dec 04, 2012

I purchased this product because I enjoy very dark chocolate bars (80% or more cocoa content). I really like these bars. The taste is strong with subtle notes of vanilla. I can also tell that this chocolate is sourced from different cocoa trees than mass produced chocolates as there is quite a bit more complexity in the taste. A little bit of chocolate goes a long way. I also appreciate that the company, Alter Eco, seems committed to purchasing from smaller cocoa plantations. That said, this chocolate is not for everyone. If you enjoy a very sweet tasting chocolate like Dove Bars or milk chocolate, this bar will probably be much too bitter for you. However, if you like extreme dark chocolates with high cocoa content as I do, I think this is one of the best! I will purchase often.

this is the best chocolate EVER

Posted by bbchris From Hong Kong on May 05, 2013

it's got no extra additives, no emulsifiers, it's so chocolatey-tasting and it disappears so quickly once I reveal I have a bar of this. We've repeatedly ordered this bar many times. Thank you Alter Eco for a fantastic product!!!

the secret to my sublime brownies

Posted by Reviewer3303538 From New Zealand on Dec 04, 2013

This chocolate bar is dark enough to use in baking when a recipe calls for semi-sweet, bitter chocolate, or cocoa. I like to use organic fair-trade chocolate in brownies and cakes, etc., if the price is right, and in this case the quailty is excellent.

HEAVEN

Posted by Reviewer2018312 From Australia on Jan 02, 2013

Just perfect amount of sweetener and darkness. Most dark chocolates are still quite sweet or either too bitter. I never liked chocolate until I came across Alter Eco Dark Blackout and Alter Eco Dark Velvet.

Awesome vegan dark chocolate

Posted by ijamesmurphy From Australia on Apr 22, 2013

If you like dark chocolate, you'll love the bittersweet taste of this organic fair trade bar from Ecuador.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »