• Please note limited shipping months for this item:

• Customer Ratings

Rich, Dark Chocolate; For the Connoisseur

Posted by wholefoods on Dec 04, 2012

I purchased this product because I enjoy very dark chocolate bars (80% or more cocoa content). I really like these bars. The taste is strong with subtle notes of vanilla. I can also tell that this chocolate is sourced from different cocoa trees than mass produced chocolates as there is quite a bit more complexity in the taste. A little bit of chocolate goes a long way. I also appreciate that the company, Alter Eco, seems committed to purchasing from smaller cocoa plantations. That said, this chocolate is not for everyone. If you enjoy a very sweet tasting chocolate like Dove Bars or milk chocolate, this bar will probably be much too bitter for you. However, if you like extreme dark chocolates with high cocoa content as I do, I think this is one of the best! I will purchase often.

this is the best chocolate EVER

Posted by bbchris on May 05, 2013

it's got no extra additives, no emulsifiers, it's so chocolatey-tasting and it disappears so quickly once I reveal I have a bar of this. We've repeatedly ordered this bar many times. Thank you Alter Eco for a fantastic product!!!

HEAVEN

Posted by Reviewer2018312 on Jan 02, 2013

Just perfect amount of sweetener and darkness. Most dark chocolates are still quite sweet or either too bitter. I never liked chocolate until I came across Alter Eco Dark Blackout and Alter Eco Dark Velvet.

the secret to my sublime brownies

Posted by Reviewer3303538 on Dec 04, 2013

This chocolate bar is dark enough to use in baking when a recipe calls for semi-sweet, bitter chocolate, or cocoa. I like to use organic fair-trade chocolate in brownies and cakes, etc., if the price is right, and in this case the quailty is excellent.

Good

Posted by 5698527140543302918 on Dec 06, 2013

Good

Really good

Posted by 5273463189186932089 on Dec 12, 2013

A very good dark chocolate.

Very nice. Thanks

Posted by 4688173839691851734 on Jan 13, 2014

Very nice. Thanks

Delish! Dark, smooth and not too sweet

Posted by Reviewer3092624 on Feb 08, 2014

Dark, smooth and not too sweet. I am gluten sensitive (not celiac as far as I know) and did not have a problem with this chocolate.

excellent

Posted by 5378321367467416507 on Mar 05, 2014

excellent

Paleo treat

Posted by DeanaS on May 19, 2014

I only have a bit, and only every few days, but this is ultra nice to have.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »