• Please note limited shipping months for this item:

• Reviews | English

Rich, Dark Chocolate; For the Connoisseur

Posted by wholefoods on Dec 04, 2012

I purchased this product because I enjoy very dark chocolate bars (80% or more cocoa content). I really like these bars. The taste is strong with subtle notes of vanilla. I can also tell that this chocolate is sourced from different cocoa trees than mass produced chocolates as there is quite a bit more complexity in the taste. A little bit of chocolate goes a long way. I also appreciate that the company, Alter Eco, seems committed to purchasing from smaller cocoa plantations. That said, this chocolate is not for everyone. If you enjoy a very sweet tasting chocolate like Dove Bars or milk chocolate, this bar will probably be much too bitter for you. However, if you like extreme dark chocolates with high cocoa content as I do, I think this is one of the best! I will purchase often.

this is the best chocolate EVER

Posted by bbchris on May 05, 2013

it's got no extra additives, no emulsifiers, it's so chocolatey-tasting and it disappears so quickly once I reveal I have a bar of this. We've repeatedly ordered this bar many times. Thank you Alter Eco for a fantastic product!!!

HEAVEN

Posted by Reviewer2018312 on Jan 02, 2013

Just perfect amount of sweetener and darkness. Most dark chocolates are still quite sweet or either too bitter. I never liked chocolate until I came across Alter Eco Dark Blackout and Alter Eco Dark Velvet.

the secret to my sublime brownies

Posted by Reviewer3303538 on Dec 04, 2013

This chocolate bar is dark enough to use in baking when a recipe calls for semi-sweet, bitter chocolate, or cocoa. I like to use organic fair-trade chocolate in brownies and cakes, etc., if the price is right, and in this case the quailty is excellent.

Delicious dark chocolate !

Posted by 5268887598244641215 on Jun 02, 2016

Best 85% I've ever had. Look no further to satisfy your chocolate craving while getting a hefty dose of antioxidants. If you're a fan of dark chocolate I highly recommend you to check it out. O / /( . ) _II_

Delicioso

Posted by 5583565004419879825 on Jul 21, 2013

Recomendo. Comprarei novamente

Delish!, Click at my user name for more reviews..

Posted by Moony90 on Nov 08, 2013

tastes very good

Fine seriously dark bar from a responsible company.

Posted by Reviewer2583999 on Jan 02, 2014

Nicely textured and crisp bar. Perhaps not as intense as I might expect from 85% cocoa. Maybe I should say it is smoother than some ultra dark bars. Good one to try if you haven't tried something with this much cocoa. I just nibbled a piece. I think my soul is smiling. Fantastic way to start the day!

Amazing

Posted by FondaLaShay on Nov 26, 2013

Love this bar so much! Very tasty!

Good

Posted by 5698527140543302918 on Dec 06, 2013

Good