July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Alter Eco, Organic Chocolate, Dark Coconut Toffee, 2.82 oz (80 g)

Reviews 2-star

Too many clashing flavors make this chocolate very unappetizing to me!

Posted by PurplePegasus on Jan 09, 2013

I expected a dark chocolate with a white coconut center. Instead I have a chocolate that cannot decide whether it wants to taste dark or milk (it's a toss up, really) and I don't know if this thing is sweet or salty. I had completely missed the "sea salt" part. Not sure why anyone would want salt in their sweets but I sure don't. There's lots of crunchy bits of sea salt in this but no coconut flavor that I can't detect. Honestly, I'm censoring myself of all the negative adjectives I could give this thing. I would give it 1 star for taste but I'll up it to two for being organic and because I love Peru but this chocolate truly is a dud, sorry!