Alvera, Aloe & Almonds, Roll-On Deodorant, 3 fl oz (89 ml)

not aluminium free

Posted by 5138885300853583432 on Sep 16, 2013

First I was satisfied with this product, but then I noticed that contains aluminium.

works great but now I only use it occasionally

Posted by Reviewer3186431 on Apr 24, 2012

Used to use it all the time, because it works very effectively, but then learned there is an aluminum-related ingredient, so now I still buy it occasionally, but usually I use Herbal Magic, which also works well and seems to have safer ingredients. I used to think Aloe and Almond was more effective, but now I'm wondering if the Herbal Magic might be just as good.

too overwhelming fragrance

Posted by Reviewer3193058 on Oct 19, 2010

this was effective all day to combat odor however I found the fragrance too overpowering like old nana soap and I won't purchase it again

This deodorant is not natural and safe at all!!

Posted by Reviewer1064370 on Feb 14, 2015

I bought this deodorant after reading all the glowing reviews and without doing some research on my own. So shame on me for buying 3 bottles of this product. However, after using it for about a couple of weeks my armpits started itching and I decided to google the ingredients to see how safe and natural they actually are. Well, I found that alcloxa, more technically known as aluminum chlorhydroxy allantoinate, has constricting properties that can be irritating for skin. There is also TEA or Triethanolamine, which is toxic and I do not want it anywhere close to my skin. TEA has been banned in Europe and I am sure there is a good reason for it. I tried to search the manufacturer's website and it does not exist. Overall I feel the natural and safe claims to be totally misleading. I will look elsewhere or learn to make my own deodorant. The scent is nice but this only is not worth purchasing.

Not happy.

Posted by 4764273523586734654 on Feb 24, 2015

It claims to be safe and natural, but contains toxic ingredients. A few minutes after applicating it, I taste it in my mouth, which means it contains membrane-permeating ingredients. The smell is nauseating to me, but I notice others like it. Not safe, and not natural.