New To iHerb?

American Health, Ester-C, 1000 mg with Citrus Bioflavonoids, 180 Veggie Tabs

Reviews 1-star

It seems inert, no vitamin C taste

Posted by Reviewer2920020 on Jan 21, 2009

I chew it and I can't taste any vitamin c. I never would have ordered it if I had realized it was tablets (having scanned the other bottles in the same brand and seen they were capsules). Tablets tend to be inert, due to high pressure and heat in the tabletization process. I will have to be more careful next time.

Too big to swallow!

Posted by Reviewer3081552 on Mar 23, 2014

I almost choked on these twice. I am accustomed to swallowing large tablets, but these are huge. Breaking them in half is worse because of the resulting rough edges. I don't know if the non-veg tablets are smaller (website does not specify size) but I will be ordering 500mg size next time. I cant comment on the efficacy of these tablets but they were recommended by my doctor, presumably because of the low acidity.