It pays (literally) to be discerning.

Posted by Reviewer1965242 on Sep 16, 2011

I have done much research on the New Zealand Green-Lipped Mussel (Perna canaliculus) and know of it's outstanding benefits for the joints, particularly the knees and elbows. I have been taking a proprietary "joint health formula" for more than two years now. This formula costs about $56 per bottle with shipping (one month's worth). It has 23 ingredients listed with the first three being the less costly glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM. The two more costly (and most likely important) ingredients are Green-Lipped Mussel, which is #18 listed and Hyaluronic Acid, which is # 23 listed. A serving of this blend is 1370 mg and I'd bet that at least 1000 mg of this consists of these first three cheaper ingredients. Any way one looks at it there can't be much Green-Lipped Mussel or Hyaluronic Acid in it. I have also researched many other of these so-called proprietary formulas, for tendon support, for hair and skin support, for boosting testosterone, the list goes on and on. Most of them are very beneficial, I believe. However, when analyzed for the key ingredients most of them actually contain very little for the money one is paying for them. It is much more economical to purchase and take the key ingredients separately. I have found that, on average, these key ingredients separately are 1/4 to 1/2 the cost, milligram-for-milligram, compared to the "proprietary formulas." One does indeed pay through the nose for the convenience of taking these special formulas in one pill. By the way, good daily doses of the Green-Lipped Mussel from iHerb along with Hyaluronic Acid, glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM do wonders for the joints. Even at 57 years I am still an avid bodybuilder and am very tough on myself but I have no problems whatsoever with my joints. Hope this is helpful to some of you.

Green-lipped mussel

Posted by Reviewer1926198 on Aug 25, 2012

I bought this mainly for my dogs, three of whom have arthritis, but may try it myself now, seeing how well they are doing. They love it, chomp up the capsules, and the cat even pinched one from the tray of food! I think this a good recommendation as to the freshness of the product.

So far so good

Posted by Reviewer1634419 on Feb 10, 2014

Using it for my dog, seems to work well. Can't really say anything more about this as it may offend the FDA's sensitivities. Sorry, read the label.

arthritis

Posted by Reviewer1470962 on Jun 29, 2011

Good for arthritis

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Best Mussel Product EVER !!

Posted by Sickness-ELIMINATOR on Feb 08, 2015

I no longer have pain in my hands or joints. If I go a few days without it, I get stiff again. What an amazing difference! . . . Click on my username for more reviews! . . . If you thought that this review was helpful, feel free to press the 'YES' button.

really helps with my joints

Posted by Reviewer2745042 on Feb 17, 2015

This one really helps with my joints. They are less painful, swollen and less stiff. Before using this my hands were like claws and later on even fists. Since using green lipped mussel extract the hands slowly got more loose and now I can even use my fingers again. They are still painful and somewhat stiff and swollen, but much less. I think I use green lipped mussel extract for about 2 years now, maybe longer. Just recently I advised this to someone else and really soon after starting to take this her pain got less, the stiffness got less and her fingers got less swollen and her hands weren't claws anymore. She's really happy that this helps so good and so quick. No more nausea and feeling sick from the regular drugs, she completely stopped taking the drugs she got from her GP and specialist. I can advice it to everyone having pain and/or stiffness in their joints, whether it's from fibromyalgia or rheumatism.

Helping very much

Posted by Reviewer2001707 on May 22, 2015

This product is helping my dog very much, more than anything else. My dog is 17.5 year old and suffering from arthritis, and this product was simply excellent.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer2543972 on Mar 14, 2012

I started with this product for 20 days, I have a very good relief.

bit disappointed, powder form not oil

Posted by 5367312086379153576 on Oct 20, 2013

I have been taking other type of green lipped mussel extract, the oil type. I don't know about the effects, i have been taking this on and off now, as my condition comes and goes. but i was disappointed that his is powder type contained in capsules and not oil type in gel caps.

waiting for result

Posted by 4890306603018814775 on Nov 13, 2014

I bought this as a supplement for my aging arthritic pooch. He hasn't been on it long enough to see improvement yet, but I'm confident we will, it is supposed to be very goood for them.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »