The Best Fish Oil There Is

Posted by Reviewer1314990 on Nov 05, 2009

I consider myself an expert on all supplements. And fish oil is my #1 recommended supplement. Nutra Sea is the finest quality fish oil in the world. It is purified and assured by Pure Check to contain less than all CRN, WHO, and IFOS 5-star standards, it is in triglyceride form (though probably structured after distillation, and not natural), and the company is quite eco-friendly. On top of that, it is less than $.25 per gram of EPA/DHA, while other companies that pass IFOS tests are over $.50 (and most of them are in ethyl esters, not triglycerides). I recommend using this oil within a 3-oil rotation with Life Extension’s Super Omega-3 and NOW Neptune Krill Oil. I suggest about 2.5 grams of combined EPA + DHA daily from fish oil, or 250 mg combined EPA + DHA from Krill daily. Double the dose if you have a blood triglyceride:HDL ratio over 1.0 (when using units of mg/dL; ratio should be less than 0.4 if using mmol/L). Switch your oil up at least every 2 weeks. And, to prevent lipid peroxidation (more likely when using ethyl esters, not triglycerides), add 20 mg of mixed tocopherols/tocotrienols per gram of combined fish oil EPA/DHA. These are the natural isomers of vitamin E. Krill oil won’t need extra tocopherols/tocotrienols. These don't have to be taken daily, but can be taken in a couple dived doses weekly. I suggest NOW Gamma E Complex.

nutra sea

Posted by Reviewer1702403 on Feb 20, 2010

excellent taste - contains vital ingredients

Nutrasea

Posted by Reviewer1558607 on Mar 28, 2010

Great way to get my fish oils. Very pleasant flavour. Excellent prices.

A really great Omega-3 Oil

Posted by Reviewer2170214 on Apr 14, 2010

We have been using Nutra Sea for some time now and have found it pleasant to take and effective. iHerb.Com's service has been first rate.

Ascenta Nutra Sea

Posted by Reviewer2975882 on Apr 27, 2010

We have been amazed by the mild taste of the Ascenta products we have tried. I have tried several different liquid fish oil supplements and several gel caps. All of them have left me with an aftertaste and something I can only describe as "fish burps" that follow me all day. Ascenta has no fishy taste and no "return" during the day. All of my children take it willingly.

Best Omega-3 supplement on the market!

Posted by Reviewer1761511 on May 18, 2010

This liquid omega-3 supplement is the best taste/quality/purity/price/etc you can find on the market. The only down side would be the "preservation" but that applies to all liquid omega-3 supplements that are pure (no artificial conservation agents, etc) and high quality. Help me with my digestion, skin, inflammation in articulations, etc...

excellent product!

Posted by Reviewer1227585 on Jun 07, 2010

excellent flavor and consistency. my kids actually like taking this product! Even got my husband to start taking it! No fishy aftertaste or fishy burps!!!

A Good Supplement

Posted by Reviewer3310868 on Jun 21, 2010

This supplement is easy to swallow and tastes great (no fish taste, just lemon). I recommend it to anyone trying to get more omega-3's.

Great

Posted by Reviewer2676633 on Oct 31, 2010

I find this brand to be the best in terms of price and the fact that I don't have the weird brain fog than Carlson's fish oil give me.

Delicious source of EPA and DHA

Posted by Reviewer1489721 on Dec 03, 2010

This tastes so good i can put it on my salad.... That doesn't mean I actually do! I highly recommend this fish oil. Really top-notch. You can taste the quality.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »