Ascenta, NutraVege, Omega-3. Juicy Citrus Flavor, 6.8 fl oz (200 ml)

alternative to fish oil

Posted by Reviewer3156375 on May 16, 2012

I searched far & wide for an alternative to fish oil that was pure, clean and great tasting, and this is it! I like taking the oil directly instead of swallowing capsules.This is pricey, but worth every penny. High in GLA as well. I am confident i am getting everything I need in an Omega 3 plus some, with this product. I ordered it 3 day shipping and it arrived just fine, but I wish iherb would ship it in TRUE cold packs of dry ice (not frozen water packs) during the hot summer months.

I use this as a facial oil too.

Posted by 5243134238506953257 on Dec 08, 2013

This oil is fantastic for nourishing skin inside and out. I apply a few drops to my damp skin at night before applying my face creams and it soothes, smoothes and clarifies my skin. Several ncbi studies prove it helps.

gorgeous, beneficial oil...

Posted by Reviewer3303538 on Dec 15, 2010

Why there aren't more Echium oil products on the market, I'm not sure- it is the ideal source for Omega 3 fatty acids, especially for vegans/vegetarians. Also, it's apparently more easily digested and assimilated than fish oil. This beautiful product has a full spectrum of Omega 3 EFA's, and other EFA's as well. It has a clean, botanical flavor and other healthful ingredients, including green tea and rosemary extracts. I couldn't stand to take another spoonful or capsule of fish oil, and I'd rather not be contributing to that unsustainable industry, anyway. Thank the good earth for this fantastic alternative. Wish it were a bit more affordable...

Freshest, best quality and tasting omega 3

Posted by Reviewer2344847 on Nov 07, 2014

After completely giving up on fish oil (including ones by Nordic Naturals and Ascenta) I was pleased to find this alternative. Their website explains this oil comes from a plant that fish eat and is converted in the body to a similar compound as in fish oil. I hope they are right as I could use all the benefits that are claimed from eating fish oil. Although it is more expensive than fish oil, I don't have to worry about abdominal upset, fish aftertaste and wasting my money on the many rancid oils that I've tried. It taste so fresh and pure! The one major drawback is the amount of Omega 3 you are getting for the price compared to fish oil.

The much-better alternative to fish oil

Posted by 5722811239183954417 on Mar 05, 2015

Kinder and cleaner, get your omegas right from the source, where fish get them from: algea. This oil has a mild flavour (I like it best mixed with a few tablespoons of fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice).